TadTheTinker here. Just joined up.

I have slept in a hammock on camping trips twice in the last two months. (I have gone camping twice in the last two months. )

I am an Asst. Scout Master to Troop 542 in Gravel Ridge, Arkansas. The last two trips we went on, I took a string hammock and a 'conventional' tarp instead of a tent. Other than needing to wake up to roll over (Hammock really too small and not right for overnight sleeping), I slept like a baby and woke up feeling better on a camping trip than I had in years. Even with a tall inflatable mattress or a cot.

I am hooked!! And setting up and tearing down takes about half the time it does for a tent. There is no cleaning out the floor, no worrying about water on the floor, and lots of other good reasons. (Not to mention the new Scouts think it is pretty cool.)

Now I just need to save up massive amounts of money to buy a decent Hammock, lighter tarp, and some other nifty bits.

Thanks for creating this forum so guys like me can have Professor Hammock, Shug, Grizz, TeeDee and more to learn from. (I spent the weekend watching most of Shugs videos and some of Professor Hammock's. )