Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

greetings from TN

I've been lurking around here for a few days so I thought I would finally join and introduce myself. I have very little hammocking experience but I just bought one of my own so I'm pretty excited about it. I was first introduced by some friends who bought HHs a few years ago. I borrowed one for a trip to the Boundary Waters and wanted one ever since. Now that I'm out of college and working I finally had the money to buy one! We are going back to the boundary waters this summer so I'm looking forward to using it there.

I wish I had found this place before I jumped on a HH. Until a few days ago I had no idea anyone other than Hennessy made these types of hammocks.... It looks like there is a lot of cool stuff out there. I am happy with what I have for now though. Bought the all in one whoopie system from whoopieslings.com. Much better than tying that goofy figure 8 thing.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Welcome snibbor. Lots to learn hear. A few other TN folks too.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. Check out 2QZQ Hennessey zipper mods for your hammock or you can sell your and buy something else. Either way you can find what you what/need around here.
    http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/page18.html
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

welcome to the site.

There is also a Nashville backpacker meetup site. There are 2 trips this month. One this weekend and another easter weekend
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Yes, greetings from Tennessee to you, too. Tennessee is the center of the universe, it's true.

I also bought a HH before knowing much at all about hammocks, though at the time, several of the current ones did not even exist. I did have 2QZQ modify mine with zippers and it made all the difference to me.

Mostly, I think of it like cars. Some like Fords, some Chevys. Others insist on domestic, some are seduced by foreign makes. But fundamentally, they all pretty much fulfill the same functions and needs.

Welcome from Nashville and if you are familiar with www.meetup.com, you might like to check out the group "Nashville Backpacker" on there. We have monthly meetings (show-and-tell time) and do monthly hikes, if that might interest you.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    You're off to a great start. Welcome to HF!

Fronkey

Welcome to HF! Plenty of info here for you. Enjoy.

'elo and greetings from East TN.

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Yes, greetings from Tennessee to you, too. Tennessee is the center of the universe, it's true.

I also bought a HH before knowing much at all about hammocks, though at the time, several of the current ones did not even exist. I did have 2QZQ modify mine with zippers and it made all the difference to me.

Mostly, I think of it like cars. Some like Fords, some Chevys. Others insist on domestic, some are seduced by foreign makes. But fundamentally, they all pretty much fulfill the same functions and needs.

Welcome from Nashville and if you are familiar with www.meetup.com, you might like to check out the group "Nashville Backpacker" on there. We have monthly meetings (show-and-tell time) and do monthly hikes, if that might interest you.

Rain Man

You're right, Tennessee is the place to be! Thanks for the info. I am gradually accumulating gear so I can do more trips. My next big thing will probably be a good backpack.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, DIY hammock
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Stormcrow's quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome and howdy from Fayetteville, TN.
    I prefer to LEVITATE between two trees...The Groundlings can have their tents.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast