Thread: Jim Thorpe, PA

Jim Thorpe, PA

I'm doing a whitewater rafting trip this weekend and wanted to "hang out" the night before, I was wondering if anyone has done any hanging in or around Jim Thorpe, PA and if so....where?

Preferably I want it to be a backpacking trail and not a campground with campsites, let me know.

BK
    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    If I weren't heading to Vegas, I'd be there. Haven't hung there yet but it's quite a beautiful area. Looking forward to the trip report Rowan65.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    If I weren't heading to Vegas, I'd be there. Haven't hung there yet but it's quite a beautiful area. Looking forward to the trip report Rowan65.
    While I'd really love to go camping, I think Vegas could be in it's own world of a good time, and I wouldn't mind being there either, haha.
    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post

Gonna be "hangin" at the blackjack table Syb? Good luck buddy.

Though I have only been through JimThorpe and not stayed It looks like a fund trip that makes me envious. There is a few camping places on the 1st website but iam willing to bet you are looking for something right on Lentz trail.
    http://www.carboncounty.com/park/index.htm

http://www.jimthorpepa.com/index.php?id=3,0,0,1,0,0

http://www.jimthorpe.org/
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Myteathor View Post
    Gonna be "hangin" at the blackjack table Syb? Good luck buddy.
    If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. We're planning on bringing $100 with us to gamble knowing full well that we'll lose it. Yup, part of me would rather be "hangin" in Jim Thorpe
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

• + New Posts