Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    If "Double B" means me, this is the first I've heard of it

I'm going too, as far as I know. I'll have some room in my Jeep, so anybody let me know!
    Nope, different Double B. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    so far i`ve just thought i would put weight in the back of my 2-wheel drive toyota pick-up, make sure i have new tires before then, & go, but if the roads are like they were one feb a few years back, i might be better off riding w/ some one in 4-wheel drive. ..tim
    I should have room if you need a ride and Im just up the road from you a bit. I could pick you up on my way - Gotta go through Winston to get there. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    My car is in no way going to make it in any form of snow. Is there a place close where I can park and maybe ride up the rest of the way with someone else if needed?

I can bring my HH is someone needs it. They are still going to have to use their pad and sleeping bag. It also needs a tarp.
    I can shuttle people from a park and ride spot the rest of the way if needed. As it gets closer, let me know. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    My car is in no way going to make it in any form of snow. Is there a place close where I can park and maybe ride up the rest of the way with someone else if needed?

I can bring my HH is someone needs it. They are still going to have to use their pad and sleeping bag. It also needs a tarp.
    coming in from he east (the way i come), there are two stores that could be used as a meeting place. the best of the two for leaving a car would probably be the store/gas station/ restaurant at the intersection of hwy 58 & the road that continues north into Trout Dale. i don`t see a name or number for it on this map. i`ll look on another.
    the name of that place is the log cabin restaurant i believe. it used to be ona`s restaurant. good food... especially when you come in out of the cold.
    for those coming in from the west side of greyson, meeting in damascus might be a good option.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    I should have room if you need a ride and Im just up the road from you a bit. I could pick you up on my way - Gotta go through Winston to get there. BD
    i may take you up on that bird dog. i would be glad of course to help w/ the gas.
    thanks ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images

Somebody can use my SG tarp if they want. No extra insulation to speak of, though.

My Jeep is 4wd, so that might help.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm bringing enough insulation on my move to get me through the campout, just in case our HHG is stuck in a warehouse that weekend. (Better NOT be, but if it is and we're still living in a hotel, I'll still be able to make the campout Dude's gotta have his priorities...).

But assuming our stuff has been delivered, I'll have lots of extra gear to loan out. Two SPEs, JRB Nest and 8x8 tarp, HH BULA, an assortment of sleeping bags including a 0F, and a few other things. I could outfit two folks from scratch if needed.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Pan/Smee - Just ordered a three season set and the weathershield. Should be plenty with my bag too.

Slowhike, your welcome to jump in. Just send me a PM or an email and we can work out the details as it gets close.

Just Jeff - You can jump in too, still got room for one more without it being crowded. If you want to drive to Greensboro, you can leave your car and hop in with us (leave it at my house if you want).

My buddy has one of the new HH's (cant remember the model - racer maybe?) and will probably still need a setup.

Anyone else need a ride or a shuttle from NC area, let me know.

BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sounds like a plan. I still have a soft top on my Jeep (since I spend all my money on hammocks...) so I'm not too excited about driving it in single digit weather. I'll just leave the Jeep at your house then. I'll pitch in on gas or buy your lunch or something.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images