Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Also I'm still interested in getting an answer to my original questions:

1. why does the Incubator have an elastic draw cord on one side, and a non-elastic draw cord on the other?
    2. why does it have loops on only one of the long sides, but not on the other? What can you do with those? Do they attach to certain hammocks?

Thanks!
    Did you buy this new from HG? I don't have mine yet so no answers but grossgrain loops on only one side and shock cord too...is that what you are saying? I would also like to see these two questions put to rest.

When I get mine there WILL be experimenting in the backyard lab with stock suspension and AHE TTs. A WBBB and Traveler will be in the mix.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Yes, I ordered directly from Hammock Gear. I might drop them an email to get my questions answered. Maybe it was just a mistake - it was a hurried order since I only had a few weeks till the start of my New Zealand trip, and Hammock Gear was great. They got it to me just in time.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    When I get home, I will check my Incubator to better answer your questions. Here is my advice.
    1. You should have a head end and foot end. The foot end may not be obviously shorter, but it is cinched slightly more so that it can't fully open quite as easily. Maybe post some pics if you really believe they are the same.
    2. As everyone has already pointed out, your first defense against CBS is to tighten your suspension. You can loop shock cord over the ridgeline, but this shouldn't be necessary and will just increase the "fiddle factor."
    3. The next thing to try might be a pair of Triangle Thingies from AHE (or build your own like I did). They work by changing how the Incubator is pulled against the BB. I have a BB and winter Incubator and just got back from a trip where I tried out a homemade set of TTs with great success! (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...t=25979&page=4). I found that a combination of tightening the original suspension and using the TTs to pull the Incubator slightly out of its "natural alignment" and into an alignment from left shoulder to foot box solved my fit issues. The Incubator was snug against me all night and did NOT slip off my left shoulder or the foot box, although I really need colder weather to fully evaluate the fit.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Here are some pics of my Incubator/WBBB combo. If there is a difference in the head and foot end, it must be millimeters. I untied the shock cord and completely opened the cinch cords. I can't see any tapering or difference in width.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    After examination of mine, I found that the knot was tied into the shock cord suspension on my head end. Since I believe several others have made the same observation, it may be safe to assume the knot is on the head end. That being said, I agree that you don't seem to have a true "head" or "foot" end on your quilt. I will try to post some pics of mine tonight. If both ends are the same, it may not matter which end is pointing which direction. It makes a difference for me. What are the lengths of each short end fully decompressed?

If you really wanted to get to the bottom of the head/foot end question, you could ask Stormcrow to look at those pics, but I doubt it would make much difference if they are so similar. I would just go ahead and buy/make a set of TTs and see if that fixes the problem. You may be even better off this way since I'll bet my foot end stretches farther than my head end with the TTs attached. I even considered inverting the Incubator.

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey clone
    Tarp
    MacCat standard
    Insulation
    Burrow, Incubator
    FWIW I can't see any difference in the end widths on mine either. Can't really see that it matters anyhow if the difference is so small that we need to look that hard for it. For me, it just means one less thing to remember during setup, since my trips are pretty infrequent.

Cheers

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123