Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Murphy's Law

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I feel your pain. A couple of times I have received gear the Monday after the weekend I needed it. Go figure.
    I ordered a new bag from a company called moosejaw on Monday. I even paid the extra 3 day shipping so I could have it for the weekend.

It's shipping today, due Monday.
    "Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    WB Yeti 3/4
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    You just need to alter your perspective. You know how your food arrives at a restaurant when you go to the restroom and you are happy to see it waiting for you? Same thing. Don't be upset that you can't play with the latest/greatest--that is what consumerism is all about. Be totally stoked that you got to get out no matter what--then be stoked that your "dinner" is waiting for you when you get back.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Yep, my shipping notice arrived at 3am this morning...two hours after I emailed Brandon for a status and potential ship-to address change. Guess I should've checked my email before bugging the poor guy, huh? Hope to have it this weekend. And what could possibly top that? Got a message from Thorwren that she just shipped out my UQ today. Chrimmus done gone come early this year!

I second that kicking Murphy's butt, though. Had a few trips start off on sour notes waiting for gear to ship/arrive. Getting back from a fishing trip and finding those 'special' flies waiting for me at home didn't exactly ease the pain. But, yeah...it's all about enjoying the time we get doing the things we love, regardless of any minor setbacks.

Beats digging ditches. Unless that's what you enjoy doing I guess.
    “Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.” -Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Sounds like we need a thread dedicated to Murphys Laws on Hammock Hanging.

I will start it with

The only two trees available for hanging your hammock are 6 inches further apart than your hanging straps are long
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Multiple Warbonnet Hammocks
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Plus, it gives you a perfectly good reason to plan another hike in the near future. I mean, you can't just let it sit there...right?
    Hoosier Hang is under two weeks out when I get back so I won’t suffer for too long. Plus, I’ll just have to test it out in the basement (aka hiding from my wonderful wife.)

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Sounds like we need a thread dedicated to Murphys Laws on Hammock Hanging. I will start it with The only two trees available for hanging your hammock are 6 inches further apart than your hanging straps are long
    I'd be happy to have those 2 trees. I bought a house on an acre and a half and the tallest thing in the yard is the well tap. I'm going to add trees and a couple of posts for a hammocking area this spring.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7sl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe spin
    Insulation
    3 s incubator
    Suspension
    adjustable web
    I got my shipping notice also but luckily it will be here before I go on my AT section hike next week.

I want to give a big thanks to warbonnetguy though, I know he has been working hard to get orders out and probably could have done it quicker if he didn't have to keep answering emails from people like me asking when their order would ship.
    " It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images

I will start it with

The only two trees available for hanging your hammock are 6 inches further apart than your hanging straps are long
    Or worse (Yes it happened to me) 2"! I could actually hook up my ring buckles & straps, but not with enough overlap for it to hold, short by about 2"!

Switched to Whoopies & toggles: TWO sticks in a row, same site, within about 15 minutes I hit the ground twice! The 2nd one was extra big & strong, or so I thought. "3 was HUGE as you can imagine. Funny thing is, #1 at the other end was broken off #1 that broke (1 stick = 2 toggles), yet it held all night, go figure. Obviously Mr Murphy has a wicked sense of humor
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

I will start it with

There was a thread on this topic in the General Forum from last year.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Got my tracking # today as well, looks like I will have the BMJ with doors for my trip in April.

Can't wait to try out my home made snake skins as well. I need to mod a new skin as a one piece for someone. I just need mine to take measurements from to do it as a one piece.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Custom OES Winter
    Suspension
    Stock WBBB Webbing
    Images
    Mr. Murphy does have a sense of humor. Got my tracking number yesterday for my wife's WBBB 1.0, and with 2 - 3 days shipping I might be being setup for an April Fool's joke...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast