Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps

Re-introduction

Just wanted to re-introduce myself to the community... Ive been poking around for over a year now and haven't posted anything in about as long....i really appreciate all those who go the extra mile and explain everything so well to the rest of the group with vids, and pics. about a year ago i pulled the trigger on a BMBH and did some reviews and videos on my thoughts...ended up returning the hammock...and now it seems that the Jacks have responded to the input and solved the issues that were addressed.

Since that time i been doing alot of car camping with a rig that i would not claim if some of the local celebs (or any self respecting hammocker) saw it (probably would run and hide)...but it actually works pretty well and really dont have too many complaints (for car camping). Been down to around 35 no problem (with capilene thermals and i am a warm sleeper) probably could go a little colder

Current Rig:

Hammock: ENO Single... Free hand-me-down from friend...he threw in a 1inc burn hole near middle head or foot end (hasnt been an isssue..yet..put some synthetic fabric repair tape on it and it hasnt spread...hey it was free!)

Suspension: Ratchet straps 14ft webbing...low/no stretch..... steel rings...550 cord

Insulation: Thermarest Basecamp pad... Kelty 20 synthetic sleeping bag

Tarp: 12x10 poly... ground hogs...kelty triptease (love this stuff)...bungee tensioner

Total investment on hammock setup (not including stuff i had before) aprox. $25

(I will post pictures if one asks but only if they promise not to laugh!!!)

The GF is now wanting to get into backpacking and am now in serious gear research mode (i am alittle extreme when it comes to this) i actaully spend many, many more hours researching gear than i will ever use the product for in the field, but i find this processes really enjoyable for some reason. I really dont think that she understands the planning and investment that goes into peoples backpacking arsenal, but im working on that. Also she does not like the fact of not being able to go "double wide" all night, but i think i bout got her over that also.

Anyway i just had acouple of thougts that i wanted to share...

Hammocking Action Magazine (HAM)....is there such a publication and if not...Why? Im sure yall can come up with a better magazine name than that....

Gear swaps....have there been any...i know about group hangs, but nothing on swaps

Again thanks for all the info guys, (and creating the best forum on earth, imo)

One more thing...does anyone have a cure for Steep and Cheap Addiction..need help

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Gear swaps....have there been any...i know about group hangs, but nothing on swaps
    Look under the Forum "For Sale/ PIF" for "pay if forward. You'll find the gear swap there, so to speak.

Welcome back, BTW!!

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    ill keep my eye out there to see if anything comes up my way....really like to see things in person...Thanks

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    RT:
    Nice to see you back on the forum. Shoot me a PM and we can get together and compare notes and do some gear trials for the GF. She can talk with Mandydawn and get a womans perspective on the hanging side of life.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Eno single
    Tarp
    poly
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    rings straps
    hey bbg

I know its been awhile...just recently been creepin around alot on here again, been pretty busy at work and lookin forward to takin some time to get out in the woods more this spring and summer. Ill hollar at ya when i figure out some time to get up and go hang.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    When you get the time just let us know
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    DIY Gathered and ENO DN
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome back and a big ROLL TIDE from an Alabama alumnus and hammock newb.

• + New Posts