Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG 40* Incubator
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Images

It's Here!

Well, it finally arrived. After 6 weeks of anticipation, my Blackbird and BMJ(i) have arrived.

Unfortunately all the trees in my yard are only a few years old and I have no place to hang. Looks like I will be going to the park or botanic gardens to try it out for the first time.

I have plans to weld up a steel stand for the house. Any suggestions for the dimensions? (distance between support arms, height of arms and angle)

Also, recommendations for knots to use for attaching tie outs to hammock and tarp and the tarp ridge lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member backpackingZombie's Avatar
    Hammock
    DB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS 8'x10'
    Insulation
    Arroyo & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies + toggles
    Got mine today too . No trees to hang from . Very excited

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FTWjet View Post
    Well, it finally arrived. After 6 weeks of anticipation, my Blackbird and BMJ(i) have arrived.

Unfortunately all the trees in my yard are only a few years old and I have no place to hang. Looks like I will be going to the park or botanic gardens to try it out for the first time.

I have plans to weld up a steel stand for the house. Any suggestions for the dimensions? (distance between support arms, height of arms and angle)

Also, recommendations for knots to use for attaching tie outs to hammock and tarp and the tarp ridge lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by backpackingZombie View Post
    Got mine today too . No trees to hang from . Very excited
    Ah yes, the old "NO SUITABLE TREES" curse! I know it well! That's why I have put a lot of use on various home made and commercial(Vario) hammock stands! I'd rather use trees, but that is only possible on hikes, not at home.

Congrats guys! Maybe someday you will actually be able to hang in them!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FTWjet View Post

Congrats!! I don't have any suitable trees outside either but there is a park with a nice gazebo that I hang my hammocks from the supports of...did that make sense?

As far as knots I would suggest watching the videos on the warbonnet website, and/or shug's videos. They both offer a lot of knots and other information you didn't know you needed. Shug's videos in particular have a lot to offer and while they are a little long, they are quite entertaining.

Enjoy the new gear when you find some trees!!
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed. -Il Duce

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

Ditto here! Just got my 1.1 double and bmj today too. Only had time to crinkle the Spinn material a bit, but I'm definitely gonna open it all up and check them out even though I also lack suitable trees.

Hammock
    Black Bird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG 40* Incubator
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Images

I'm in love.

Couldn't wait to hang it for the first time (first time ever hanging for me) told the wife there is something I have to do, dropped everything and went to a city park. Didn't take the time to rig up the lines for the tarp, but set the BB up and all I can say is, "I'm in love" just don't tell the ole lady. Why didn't I do this sooner, I will be posting a for sale thread for my tent real soon.

I really like the color, I thought it would be more grey but the dark green is perfect. My only gripe is that the BMJ is almost black. Everything is top notch and very comfortable.

Thanks Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB Single 1.7
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Kick Ass Quilts
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    I got mine in the mail today too... 2/23 order date.

Ski

Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    got mine yesterday too. can't wait to try it.

matt

• + New Posts