Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    If you don't have a bug net covering one side, the leg on either side method works really well.

If you have a bug net to work with, both legs over the side and walk back to get up works.

In any case, I found THIS to be very helpful.

Didn't take too many situps to make slinging the ole legs around a lot easier. If you see some folks that are in good shape, you'll watch them just pop right out of the things.

If you have a ridgeline, you can grab that to help move around as well. I find its kinda sharp on my hands and have considered putting some kind of larger grab handle on it as well.

It's a hammocks only downfall I can think of but I'm not going back!

mr clean

lol..............got the message...and true it is....also figured out i had the thing to close to the ground..kinka like getting out of a bean chair when ur loaded....picked it up higher and made it aok....u guys are ok and thanks for the time and fellowship...........johnp

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    If you have a bug net to work with, both legs over the side and walk back to get up works.
    Heads up; If you are using a Vario hammock stand this method can only be pushed just so far before disaster strikes....DAMHIK.

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samiam2714 View Post
    I have always love the birth by Hennessey video
    Had to look that one up! thanks for that.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Heads up; If you are using a Vario hammock stand this method can only be pushed just so far before disaster strikes....DAMHIK.

Pics or it didn't happen. (POIDH)
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Egress can be a challenge

Last year I bought a ENO double when on sale from NRS. Planned to give it to friends to use at their cottage in Ohiopyle PA where I occasionally visit.

As usual, I had it delivered to my place of business. I am the Facilities Manager or a food sistribution facility, and am often in on Saturdays to catch up on paperwork and such. Shortly after I received the hammock I was in for the day, the only one in the building (guard was at the gate). Decided to take a break, and on the spur of the moment I took the ENO into the dry grocery area and strung it between two racks (we store pallets to 25 feet in the air). Adjusted the hammock, emptied my pockets of pens, wallet and cell phone and climbed in.

Man this thing was deep. Ain't gonna fall out no matter how much I roll about! When it was time to get out, I thought I would just swing my legs over the edge and stand up.

No way. There I was, legs up and over the edge and butt down in the hammock body. Hmmm. Maybe if I just straighten my body I could lift my butt up and then stand. No way! Major tippiness with the prospect of hitting the concrete floor!

Back to laying, I took stock of my situation. No cell phone. No food or water within reach. Guard would be making rounds in about three hours. Did I want to be discovered this way? NO WAY!

I was finally able to swing my feet and legs over the edge, roll my hips over the edge, then my torso, and flop out onto my knees. Not graceful, but I was free!

And no witnesses.

Jim

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post

Pics or it didn't happen. (POIDH)
    Well good...it did not happen then.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    New and improved data.

If you're having trouble getting out of your hammock, maybe its not you. Maybe, it's the hammock.

I just got out of my new Warbonnet Black Bird Hammock. 1st time in it that my behind wasn't on the ground. Fact is, my behind was quite a bit higher in the air then with my DIY hanging from the same spots in my room. I still had a couple feet either side of strap adjustment and just hooked the Carabiners to my wall eyehooks. I could get a little bend on the ridgeline and it doens't sound like a big Bass string so that's right. And, although my feet go the opposite way of what I'm used to at home, I fit right in.

Getting out, hmmmm, I'm a foot higher in the air then normal. Swung my feet over and stood up. Nothing too it. No room for a somersault like Shug does but no problems getting out what-so-ever. There weren't any tight ropes under my knees like on my DIY. So I'm thinking my DIY fabric is quite a bit lighter then the Blackbird AND there's only one layer where my BB is two, so my DIY is getting an awful lot of stretch. I've kinda noticed this before as I can arch my back, let it fall back suddenly and I'll get kind of a wave to my feet and back to my back. I've only got one oscillation before but I do believe I'm dealing with a lot of stretch and THAT is the main part of my problem on the DIY.

You don't list what your hammock is. Is it possible your suffering from the same stretchy Hammock like I do on my DIY?

The Blackbird really was as easy as getting out of bed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12