DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Welcome to the forums ......
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zugcat View Post
    I love the idea! However, the Byers Moskito just isn't working for me. After a night's sleep I end up with lower back pain. I've tried every trick I can find with no luck, loose, tight, adding a ridge line, etc. etc... I think the Byers and I are just a bad fit. ...................

Respectfully,
    Zugcat
    Have you been trying to sleep on your back? If so, have you tried putting something under your knees? Just for while you await arrival of the WBBB?

Hammock
    WBBB DL1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    Web Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Have you been trying to sleep on your back? If so, have you tried putting something under your knees? Just for while you await arrival of the WBBB?
    Thanks for the advice.

The issue is I'm a hardcore side sleeper. I can't seem to stay on my back. In the Byers I keep sliding to the center-line in my sleep no matter where I start out. This stresses my hips at an odd sideways angle. I'm so sore in the morning I can barely hike back. I've been looking at this for over a month. I have a couple of crazy ideas. 1. I think the hammock is just too narrow for me. 2. I also think I could fix a lot of the issues if I "tuned " the hammock's pitch and hang e.g. suspension tweaks and adding a structural ridge line. . However, after a lot of research it looks like the Byers has a steep learning curve when it comes to tweaking with the pitch to get it just right. I am hoping the WBBB will be better for side sleeping out of the box once I find the sweet spot.

Sadly, I have sometime before I can try out the WBBB I am on a project that will suck up all of my spare time for at least a month. The good news is that by that time I won't need to even think about an under quilt here in Houston.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12