Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Bad MahambaJamba
    Insulation
    Grizzly bag pad
    Suspension
    Webbing straps

Wink New Hanger! Yup...that's me!

Now as I usually do a 7 day work week, I haven't actually found the time to go camping just yet. But you can be sure that I have spent many a morning setting up my new hammock out at the lake and various parks. I have two excellent tarps I am playing with as well. I am experimenting with different configurations, and support systems. But so far, I really like what my WBBB came with. I have been studying different knots, and hang angles (about 30 degrees is the best) and just generally having an all around good time with my hammock.

Now, the first time I set it up, I have to tell ya, I was a bit apprehensive. Caution...no...FEAR was foremost on my mind, as I don't drop from several feet and bounce right back like I used to. No...I figured a safe trying out elevation would be around 1 or 2 feet max. And I eased my fat butt back into the green nylon, swung my legs up and in, and Wha La! I was in! I scooted about for a few seconds and found my sweet spot...and I was asleep within 5 minutes. Middle of the morning, and I'm sawing logs at a state park hanging like a big cacoon between two trees. Boy I enjoyed that. I never had a tent or cot or bag that was THAT comfortable. No more tents for me! I'm a born again hanger!

I sure appreciate all of the help and support I got from my pals here in the forum. Of course, Shug got me all strung out on this new path in the first place, and his videos have helped immensely. And *shhh* Brandon put together one sweet WBBB for me, with a fine mambajama tarp. My pal at Gargoyle Gear made me a sweet tarp two, with some custom stitching, and a couple of cool pennant type flags for my outfit. Of course, I had to be a loyal member of the forum, so I had Devil Woman make me a forum flag too.

Anyways, I'm a hanger officially, and I hope to hit some trail as soon as work permits. I'm really a big advocate of You Tube too, so you can expect a video pretty soon. Thanks guys. I'm a happy hangin' camper.
    "Are you gonna eat that?"

Dain Bramage videos at

http://www.youtube.com/user/FatDaddy4Fun?feature=mhum

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Congrats on the first hang!! Sure feels good dunnit? Look'n fwd to some video.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Good for you. I'm sure you will enjoy your time in the woods knowing how comfortable you are going to be later.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

• + New Posts