Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

SOLD: TTTG Switchback Light Hiker Hammock

Had this a little over a week and slept in it once last weekend so obviously in like new condition although I did a couple minor mods. I snipped the tie ribbons off the top of the bugnet and replaced with shock cords and cord locks. Also, I replaced all of the shock cord for the net and side tie-outs with 1/8" instead of the thicker stuff the hammock came with. Other than that it is like new. It's a nicely made hammock, just not what I was looking for as I prefer my Warbonnet hammocks due to the extra width and more asymmetrical lay. Asking $175 via PayPal and I'll ship it free.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for. For potential buyer, I'd just like to say that this is a well made hammock. I have found mine to be very comfortable but it is set up a little different than the WBBB. The mods Pizza did do improve it a little IMO. Good price to get a new hammock and not pay shipping. Good luck with the sale Pizza.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

Thumbs up Sblh

I've had mine for a few days now and have slept in it twice. I also have a WBBB. I cannot say I prefer one over the other. Both have features that make them unique. I am going to bring SBLH out into the backcountry this summer for are real try at using it.

For anyone looking in to this hammock, I cannot hesitate to recommend it. Well made, strong and has a very "open" feel.

~S~

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I have both a WBBB and a Switchback and, as a side sleeper that likes to toss & turn, I prefer the Switchback. Both are extremely well made hammocks though.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Is this one of the double layered ones?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
    Is this one of the double layered ones?
    The Switchback Light Hiker only comes in double layer as far as I know.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I have both a WBBB and a Switchback and, as a side sleeper that likes to toss & turn, I prefer the Switchback.
    I agree. Lighthiker is the bomb for the toss & turn, the fetal favorite and of course, the Switchback 180*

~S~

Hmmm.. you are all making me more and more interested.. I may want to buy this off you Pizza esp. seeing that for some reason all of the Switchbacks seem to be out of stock on their site..

I am buying my first hammock and am agonizing over it (As some of you may have seen from my other posts).. Was looking at WBBs and Clarks .. they seemed like they both had cool features (Clarks being a bit out of my price range however) and I am looking for something for serious jungle camping in Costa Rica.. so if I get this will need a good rain fly too.. (also why I wanted to be sure it was a DL because of bugs)..

How is the overhead room on this? That was one thing that attracted me to the Clarks.. and the WBBs looked good for that shelf and footbox.. but I do want to be sure I would be okay sleeping on my side.. so this is the one people keep saying is better for side sleeping.. However Pizza you are saying you are more comfy in your WBB.. are you a side or back sleeper? I am also a long (6 ft) light weight (140) so don't know if you think this would be a good first hammock for me. I am also assuming the mods you made make it easier to rig which would be a plus for me as I am new to that game..

Thanks!!!

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post

How is the overhead room on this? The bug net goes up pretty high so there is more headroom in this than the WBBB.
    The headroom is pretty good and a bit more than in the WBBB because the netting pulls up higher whereas a WBBB has a structural ridgeline that the netting lays on which is lower. So...the Switchback has more headroom but the WBBB is wider.

but I do want to be sure I would be okay sleeping on my side.. so this is the one people keep saying is better for side sleeping.. However Pizza you are saying you are more comfy in your WBB.. are you a side or back sleeper?
    This hammock is very good actually for side/fetal sleeping. I am a side sleeper at home on a bed but I adapted to backsleeping in my WB hammocks as I couldn't comfortably sleep on my side in them.

I am also a long (6 ft) light weight (140) so don't know if you think this would be a good first hammock for me. I am also assuming the mods you made make it easier to rig which would be a plus for me as I am new to that game..

Thanks!!!
    You may want to contact member Shane on this forum or go back through his posts on this particular hammock. I believe he mentioned in a post that he was 6 ft and the hammock worked out for him.

The mods I made were very minor and about all they did were reduce a very small amount of weight of the shock cord suspension.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    The headroom is pretty good and a bit more than in the WBBB because the netting pulls up higher whereas a WBBB has a structural ridgeline that the netting lays on which is lower. So...the Switchback has more headroom but the WBBB is wider.

This hammock is very good actually for side/fetal sleeping. I am a side sleeper at home on a bed but I adapted to backsleeping in my WB hammocks as I couldn't comfortably sleep on my side in them.

You may want to contact member Shane on this forum or go back through his posts on this particular hammock. I believe he mentioned in a post that he was 6 ft and the hammock worked out for him.

The mods I made were very minor and about all they did were reduce a very small amount of weight of the shock cord suspension.
    Shane here... Everything Pizza said is correct. In fact, I was very surprised when he put this up for sale so fast. But I do understand "hammock fit".

The Light Hiker has more head room under the netting than the Blackbird. I've slept quite a few nights in my Light Hiker now, most on my side in a semi-fetal position with no issue. I'm 6'0" tall & 212# and I think the Light Hiker fits me just fine. I can get a nice diagonal lay, and have no shoulder squeeze issues (when laying on my back) when I utilize the tie outs on both sides of the head end of the hammock. You being 140# probably don't have the wide shoulders I have, so you shouldn't see any shoulder squeeze issues at all.

Also, if you were wanting a single layer hammock, Alan cut out the inner layer of his 1.9 dbl Switchback, so it can be modified into a single layer hammock. As a double layer, the thing feels bomb proof - VERY sturdy.

I'd jump on this if I hadn't already received my 1.1 dbl Switchback from Darby (that guy has really got it going on!).
    Last edited by ^shane^; 04-06-2011 at 06:18. Reason: Added link
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast