Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Thumbs up

Hey Bigbogg,
    I was weighing in at about 320 when I first bought my ENO Double (yes I am down about 20 pounds now due to CrossFit). I bought a set of 12' Polyester tree straps and a set of 7/64 whoopie slings all from http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/ I also purchased a KAQ new river with the deep winter upgrade which totally rocks and keeps me warm!. I replaced the factory rope with the whoopies and connect whoopies to tree straps with a marlin spike hitch and toggle. I plan on getting some dutch clips pretty soon! You will not have a problem. I have been in the above mentioned set up with both my kids thrashing around and I have also hung in it with my wife. Go for it, it is much easier to work with and I cannot say enough about Paul at Arrowhead!

Tbull

EDIT: also the polyester straps do not stretch.
    Last edited by Tbull55; 04-06-2011 at 22:46. Reason: needed to add some very important info!

Banned
    Hammock
    WBB 1.7 Double,DIY traveler
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Great stuff everyone. Thanks so much. I am going to start looking into getting what I need. This forum is so great.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    6'4" and 300 myself (but starting back to the gym this morning). I use the JRB straps, whoopies, biners, and dutch clibs and have had no issue. Plan to try my own whoopie slings just to have different color lines soon.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

As I see it, your biggest problem is that

there are so many good options!

I too am a Big Guy. On my Hennessey and Clark I have tried Slapstraps (too stretchy) whoopies (worked fine for me and will work fine for you), and now am using AHE polyester webbing and AHE cinch buckles& chain links running up to the tree and connecting witha carabiner.

AHE buckles are currently unavailable, but a viable substitute are the JRB Tri-Glides. Not as fast as the cinches, but I for one am not running the 100 yard dash.

I like the setup I have now, and it will adapt to the ENO easily. But there are advocates here on HF who love their whoopies and can argue a good case for them. Great campfire debate fodder!

Rest assured, whichever system you choose will be better than the stock ENO setup. HYOH!

Jim

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DYI UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Yes, woopie sling will work just fine. You might also look into the buckle and webbing found on the BB.

Bearclaw

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    The biggest advantage of whoopy is the weight savings I would think. The span also wraps up tighter then an equal span of webbing. Probably quicker to adjust too then the cinch n strap method. But you need some kind of tree hugger and from what I've gleened thats usually a piece of strapping, Carabined or Dutch clipped around a tree followed by a Marlin Spike hitch for the Whoopie to ride on. You just need less webbing then you need if you were spanning all the way to your hammock.

I'm adding nothing but it felt good.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    big bogg, I am 6'5, 410 and I have the ENO DN, and I nuse whoopies attached to the stock biners on the eno at one end, then black diamond biners attached to tree straps on the other end. I bought an extra set of clarks tree straps and just bought a set of HD straps from Paul at AHE. It may seem like overkill, but i don't want anything to fail.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies, ASR
    I have had a combined 370lbs+ in mine with now problems at all. My whoopie's are made of 7/64" AmSteel.

Hammock
    Warbonett BB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream2
    Insulation
    Winter Crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    We have some BIG guys in here Bigbogg, the 7/64" Amsteel whoopie slings will hold you just fine. You'd be amazed at what some folks have supported with the stuff.

Papi made me believe in the whoopie.. trust and go forth...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast