Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.

opinions please from full time sleepers

Howdy all.. Been looking at the Hammocks website the xxl mayan hammocks look amazingly comfortable also great price, they also offer the
    thick cord mayans claiming they last quite a bit longer. My question being,
    Which do you think would be most comfortable? Or would it even matter?
    Gonna retire the traveler from the bedroom, but that way it can go on the trail with me.. Thanks for any input..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    In general, the thick corded hammocks are more comfortable and my guess would be they will last a little longer too.

I don't usually recommend Mayans for full-time sleeping, but that's really more of an opinion. The ones I've found that I'd sleep in full-time have been in the $300+ range. However, I've converted more than one friend to hammocks when they came to visit by setting them up with a Mayan in the guest room. So I'm beginning to wonder if my opinion isn't way off on this one.

Best guideline with the Mayan hammocks is to spend as much as you can afford to spend. Higher prices really do buy better comfort when it comes to these hammocks. There are gems out there for little $, but they are the exception, not the rule. Good luck!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Thanks Cannibal.. What are you using?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    We primarily sleep in Brazilians at home. We've got a couple of Nicaraguans too, but I don't find them as comfortable; Genuine Draft does. I'll sleep in one of the Mayans on hot summer days. That is the real beauty of the Mayan design; dealing with heat. Since it's an open weave (especially when the hammock is loaded), the sleeper gets a constant cooling breeze through the hammock. Plus, any sweat drips right through instead of soaking a big area of material. IMO, the Mayans are ideal for napping away a chunk of a summer day. The only reason I don't like them as much for full-time sleeping is (I know it sounds silly) that my toes constantly get snagged, as do fingers. The high-end ones are plenty comfortable and don't dig into your flesh as much as many of the cheapo ones, but that weave still likes to reach out and grab stuff.

All that said, I probably have more Mayan hammocks than any other single design. They are marvelous backyard hammocks during the summer and a nice place to park your backside when spending time on the shores of a lake or ocean.

If you're interested in trying a few at very reasonable prices, Hamacas Rada is one of my favorite sites for Mayan hammocks. They are mostly a wholesaler and supply a big percentage of the Mayan hammocks you see for sale at retailers in the US. I've never had a bad ordering experience from them and the one time I did get a hammock that had a couple of broken lines in the weave, they just sent me another one and told me to keep the one I had. Good folks down there IMO.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    This is exactly what I needed to know... Thank you very much!!

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I tool a durable and comfortable against the skin fabric and made my own in a channeled end style, and they end up being incredibly comfy. The only issue is talking the misses into replacing the bed with them.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Which Brazillion Cannibal? I know summer is coming and I'm really comfortable in my DIY of ripstop, but if there is better I want to know. Also, how long and how high you have to have the ends, I may be limited because of that. I could always make a fabric DIY to fit my room I guess.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I couldn't tell you "which" Brazilians we use. I've long ago forgot their cutesy little names on the websites. I'll tell you this much, many of the Brazilians out there with different names are identical hammocks. Worse yet, the same company will sell the same hammock with a different name 6 months later because one of the thread colors changed during that time. It's really frustrating at times. These days, I chose by dimensions and fabric type. As a general rule, I don't buy home sleepers that have an overall length of less than 12' 6" and I only buy cotton when it comes to the Brazilians.

I don't want to guess at the hang measurements. You'd think as many times as I've been asked, I'd remember those little numbers. Regardless, I'll measure the height and distance of our hang and snap a few pictures tonight.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    I'm currently spaced at 15ft.corner to corner about 6ft. height, maybe I will get lucky..

• + New Posts