Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    I decided to try Afton yesterday for an overnighter. Hadn't been there before. I went to site #12 as well just to be safe since I knew a fellow hangar had already deemed it a good choice tree-wise for hammocks. Here's my short video.

Excellent vid! Thanks for the shot out!
    I tend to avoid the paved paths in the park. There is a nice big loop if you want to avoid the asphalt and come into the back entrance to the camping area. It is my "hidden" gem that's near the cities, after that North is definitely the way to go.

BB gun! I only found a pillow, I'm a bit jealous! What will they leave for us next! LOL Lots of wildlife on your trip too so it seems..Any turkey? LOL

I found that there is 3 if not 4 good set ups for hanging at that site. I originally was going to go for the trees you chose, but opted for a fire. Another good spot was across the trail into the site... Did you explore the other sites?

Maybe we can get a few local hangers to do an overnighter there in the near future...Just a thought..
    Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcsandSparks View Post
    Excellent vid! Thanks for the shot out!
    I tend to avoid the paved paths in the park. There is a nice big loop if you want to avoid the asphalt and come into the back entrance to the camping area. It is my "hidden" gem that's near the cities, after that North is definitely the way to go.

BB gun! I only found a pillow, I'm a bit jealous! What will they leave for us next! LOL Lots of wildlife on your trip too so it seems..Any turkey? LOL

I found that there is 3 if not 4 good set ups for hanging at that site. I originally was going to go for the trees you chose, but opted for a fire. Another good spot was across the trail into the site... Did you explore the other sites?

Maybe we can get a few local hangers to do an overnighter there in the near future...Just a thought..
    Yeah, I'd be up for a local hang there sometime. Yep, there were loads of friggin' turkey out there. A lot of deer as well. I also heard coyote howling at dusk when they started to come out and then in the morning before they headed back to their dens. That was kinda cool. There were only a couple other people out camping yesterday. I didn't explore any trails. I was just in a lazy mood and decided to kick around camp and do nothing. I'll definitely be going back there though. It was a nice change of pace from the other parks, even different than Wild River or Lake Maria.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Yeah, I'd be up for a local hang there sometime. Yep, there were loads of friggin' turkey out there. A lot of deer as well. I also heard coyote howling at dusk when they started to come out and then in the morning before they headed back to their dens. That was kinda cool. There were only a couple other people out camping yesterday. I didn't explore any trails. I was just in a lazy mood and decided to kick around camp and do nothing. I'll definitely be going back there though. It was a nice change of pace from the other parks, even different than Wild River or Lake Maria.
    Cool, we should arrange to get some of us to do that..
    I heard coyotes all night as well. They are fun to listen to until they get really close to your hammock..ahahah!

Glad you enjoyed it. It's my go to spot for winter camping...the pre-cut wood has its perks for that situation as well...

P.s Great sound effects on the vid! I dig the electrical sounds after my name! LOL
    Last edited by ArcsandSparks; 04-25-2011 at 21:27.
    Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Haha That was you? I would've said "hey" if I knew you were out thre.

I also saw that random gun and decided not to touch it. It just looked like the perfect scenario for a prank show.

Fronkey
    Where were you? Were you camping?

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Where were you? Were you camping?
    I dipped out on Easter with the gf's family and spent the entire day just hiking Afton. It really was a beautiful day out there filled with lots of people and random guns. lol What time did you get in there? I'm pretty sure I saw you walking along the trail. I was with my dog, Kiba.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Pizza and ArcsandSparks - what are you using to hold your vid cameras for the trips?
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Pizza and ArcsandSparks - what are you using to hold your vid cameras for the trips?
    It's a stickpic. They are awesome!

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Thought it might be. Was looking into one but thought it wouldn't be able to hold heavier cameras all that well. Mighty impressive little gadget though.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Thought it might be. Was looking into one but thought it wouldn't be able to hold heavier cameras all that well. Mighty impressive little gadget though.
    An SLR would be a little much, but most cameras will work great on there. It's a great piece of gear for the trail.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY gathered end w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Like Fronkey said, great piece of gear. That was the first time I used it out on the trail.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast