Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    We have a company trying to locate it for us. But we would have to order a lot. When they find it they are going to call with prices. Keep fingers crossed it will be soon.
    "O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever." Psalms 107:1

Yes. I've got a friend who will be interested also.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Careful of PerfTex silnylon - they have often had the "blended" silnylon in the past when I have ordered certain colors from them, which isn't seam sealable with current methods.Brian
    OES
    what do you mean "blended" is that the same as the sil/urethane combo.

i had heard that all US made sil can no longer be pure silicone, they have to use a certain amount of urethane, supposedly because of some kind of government regulations or something. then i heard from the guy at noah lamports, who supposedly supplies owf, quest, and seattle fabrics, that the one company who made silnylon in the US was selling the factory because sil was too hard to make, (reason for all the seconds).

i talked to performance textiles a while back too, what i understood, is that they don't have sil, they have silicone coated ripstop, i looked at 2 parachute fabrics, soar coat and exacta chute? the soar coat was about equivalent to sil (water resistance wise). they didn't fess up to having any brown though, i did ask. maybe i talked to the wrong person there, that's always a possibility. contact noah lamports too, they have lots of fabric, don't have the contact info though.

i would definately sample anything someone "claims" to be sil.

try making your own. Buy untreated nylon in the color you want, and follow directions in Ed Speers book. I've done it; bit of work, but it works!

Images
    i tried soaking nylon in thinned sil, got great results, just tried it on smaple pieces. getting the ratio of sil to thinner was the hard part, you can do small tests to figure that out.

check out the thread "make your own sil" if interested too.

i had forgotten ed had directions in his book. always a good resource.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i tried soaking nylon in thinned sil, got great results, just tried it on smaple pieces. getting the ratio of sil to thinner was the hard part, you can do small tests to figure that out.

check out the thread "make your own sil" if interested too.

i had forgotten ed had directions in his book. always a good resource.
    Thanks, If I never find it I will do this. I never really thought about it, if it works for the seams should work fine for the rest.
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Great news, My supplier has found brown 1.1oz silnylon. The bad news is that they have to order 3000 yards. They will carry 1000 yards themselves, but we all will need to order 2000 yards before they will order it. I know that between me and another guy we will get 500 yards at least, so that leaves everyone else needing to order 1500 yards. I do not mind trying to figure out orders, but I want to see if there is enough interest first. The price will be +/- $7 per yard, and it should be 60" wide or more.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Images
    We could make a really freakin huge tarp.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    that is not a very good deal for 2000 yards. it should be way cheaper if you buy that much, lookout, i think they are trying to rip you off, i wonder if it is really even sil.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha Man View Post
    ...so that leaves everyone else needing to order 1500 yards...The price will be +/- $7 per yard...
    That's a huge group buy.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast