Thread: CLark UL

CLark UL

I keep reading all the posts about the North American. I just bought a UL for my AT thru-hike. Anyone used a UL and have any thoughts on its performance?

Hammock
    Clark NX270
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Images
    I own a NA, but haven't tried the UL. Clark makes an excellent product, so I'm betting it will perform just as well as the NA.

Hi Bobcat,
    I'm more of a hammock newbie than you. I have an NA that I have yet to even carcamp in or backyard camp in. So, I would appreciate the jounaling of someone who is planning a serious hike. I hope to take my Clark to the Alabama Hiking Trail Society annual conference this time next month and join some other "hangers" who plan on holding a demonstration of various hammocks during the weekend event. Maybe I'll learn a trick or two from some
    experienced "hangers".

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jedbear View Post
    Hi Bobcat,
    I'm more of a hammock newbie than you. I have an NA that I have yet to even carcamp in or backyard camp in. So, I would appreciate the jounaling of someone who is planning a serious hike. I hope to take my Clark to the Alabama Hiking Trail Society annual conference this time next month and join some other "hangers" who plan on holding a demonstration of various hammocks during the weekend event. Maybe I'll learn a trick or two from some
    experienced "hangers".
    welcome to HF jedbear. quite a few experienced HH users here that will be glad to help answer questions.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    I have a Clark UL that I use when I need a bugnet. I have some pics in my gallery. I used one for years, sold it last year, and wished I had it back. I bought another one from someone on this forum and life is good again . I use a 1/2 UQ with a short pad under my legs and have used it in the single digits. I am not sure why everyone goes with the NA but I think they would be better off getting the UL (if it fits them) and spending the extra money to upgrade tarp and get an UQ. Looking forward to seeing how the UL works for you on the thru-hike.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jedbear View Post
    Hi Bobcat,
    experienced "hangers".
    I plan on being at that event in Alabama. Was asked to take part in the demonstration. www.hikealabama.org
    Any other hangers who want to come should check it out. The Governor will be there on Sunday as the Pinhoti trail officially connects to the AT.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

I'm planning on using this for my thru-hike. I'm starting in Georgia on March 26. I'm still in the market for a good winter bag. Currently I'm looking at the Mt. Hardwear Ultralamina 15. I will also be using a closed cell foam pad. Will this keep me warm enough? any other suggestions?

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat13 View Post
    I'm planning on using this for my thru-hike. I'm starting in Georgia on March 26. I'm still in the market for a good winter bag. Currently I'm looking at the Mt. Hardwear Ultralamina 15. I will also be using a closed cell foam pad. Will this keep me warm enough? any other suggestions?
    I suggest doing some good testing locally with your gear. Also check this site out for some hammock camping 101.
    www.tothewoods.net/HammockCamping.html
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

• + New Posts