WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseJr View Post
    Looks like a good time. I'm hoping to head out for a similar trip in a few hours.
    Was there any GOLD in them there hills???
    Enjoy your ride! Gold? Yup there has been and still is...the problem is finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoveryDiver View Post
    What bike is that?
    It's an 09 BMW F800GS with some aftermarket stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    That view the good food now you got me thinking I should clean the 3 plus years of dust off my scoot. It sounds like hammocks and scoots work very well together thanks for sharing
    And I'm stricken with the backpacking reports now (always want what you can't have I guess) but for sure knock off the dust, change the tires, and add a new battery. There is no better way to explore the road than on a bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Glad to see you getting out! Nothing like a brew from the hammock....PG Tips are my favorite tea too.
    Whoooooo Retirement.
    Shug
    Whoooooo Buddy indeed! I set up the right side panier as my bear box and side table right by the hammock. Wake up, grab the tea kit, fire up the burner, and enjoy the song birds! Life is good when the morning begins outside to the sounds of nature and a warm hammock with hot tea! What y'all can't see (because I am too gimpy to bust over the rock trail) is the mighty Kern river, just beyond my first two shots. With Spring melt beginning in ernest it is really roaring right now so I set up farther away. The sound is pure relaxation to me...if not too close.

True mental laxative for a brain too full of "stuff". Like the Shug, I need a good lollygag on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 04-11-2011 at 11:38.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    Law Dawg, great stuff! Thanks for sharin'.

The Kern River Canyon is a great ride.

I don't know why I didn't think to ask this before, but do you know a search-n-rescue guy with the sheriff's deparment named John? (Don't you love that uncommon name I gave you to comb for in your memory?) He has (had?) a blue and white 1150GS; he may have a 1200 now. He also has a beautiful Sunbeam Tiger.

Chris
    Last edited by Land; 04-11-2011 at 17:47.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    Law Dawg, great stuff! Thanks for sharin'.

The Kern River Canyon is a great ride.

I don't know why I didn't think to ask this before, but do you know a search-n-rescue guy with the sheriff's deparment named John? (Don't you love that uncommon name I gave you to comb for in your memory?) He has (had) a blue and white 1150GS; he may have a 1200 now. He also has a beautiful Sunbeam Tiger.

Chris
    Coming from the king of hammocking RRs I am humbled Chris, thanks. Sherman Pass and the areas available from it are my favorite local goaty/dirty moto camp rides but the Upper Kern Canyon (well OK even the Lower Kern) are good depending on how many flatlanders are up there.

S&R...John....ummmm nope, not even a slight clue. But then I have been out of the loop for a LONG time with injuries and inside work. Not to mention rather forgetful. In fact...what was I saying?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Coming from the king of hammocking RRs I am humbled Chris, thanks. Sherman Pass and the areas available from it are my favorite local goaty/dirty moto camp rides but the Upper Kern Canyon (well OK even the Lower Kern) are good depending on how many flatlanders are up there.
    You're too kind.

I rode Breckenridge Road while I was out there. I need to come back and do some more 'sploring.

S&R...John....ummmm nope, not even a slight clue. But then I have been out of the loop for a LONG time with injuries and inside work. Not to mention rather forgetful. In fact...what was I saying?
    That's him in the middle, holding his pillion seat.

(He loaned the seat to me for a couple of days when I was in Bakersfield in '08 so that I could take my niece for a ride.) And, man, I'm glad I lost a few pounds after that picture! Could still lose more, too!

Chris

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    You're too kind.

I rode Breckenridge Road while I was out there. I need to come back and do some more 'sploring.

That's him in the middle, holding his pillion seat.
    If you come back out this way give a shout for a wider look at our local spots. I like Horse Meadows (the one E of Poison Meadow) and Salmon Creek that runs through it. There are some logging spurs around there where a dry camp allows for some very nice views and nobody else to bother.

Nope sure don't know him....but then volunteers and most Deputies hardly ever meet.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    If you come back out this way give a shout for a wider look at our local spots. I like Horse Meadows (the one E of Poison Meadow) and Salmon Creek that runs through it. There are some logging spurs around there where a dry camp allows for some very nice views and nobody else to bother.
    I'll definitely do that. I need to get back out there soon to see my brother-in-law and his family. My little nephews are growing up, and their big sister is grown.

It seems like there would be some great places to camp out that way. When I rode Breckenridge Road, I noticed quite a few spots. And the road itself is a joy. I especially liked this part:

Chris

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Places to camp? Oh yeah...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Nice one Mark!

I guess after I head down to visit Chris I'll head over your way

I do recall some really twisty roads through the canyons east of there. Headed that way after a BMW rally in Flagstaff, man that trip was a long time ago

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Nice one Mark!

I guess after I head down to visit Chris I'll head over your way

I do recall some really twisty roads through the canyons east of there. Headed that way after a BMW rally in Flagstaff, man that trip was a long time ago
    Thanks Dan. I've been looking through old camp files and (ain't it odd?) everywhere I look there are hammock trees.

BTW you and/or Chris end up here and there WILL be a sag wagon supplied moto camp hang. I know of a place a smidge off the grid with a spring box that puts out water so sweet you will pour out your bottled to refill direct from the pipe.

Twisty? Sherman Pass Rd on the Western side lower elevation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    Mmmmm, TransAlp!

Was that yours, Mark?

Chris