JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by john30563 View Post
    So you walked right through our camp and no one ever heard you? So much for the "crazed killer can't get me because I'm aware of my surroundings argument." Don't tell anyone who might tell my wife.

So you were what, off the knob to the right of camp? I will tell ya man, I wanna finish the Coosa one day, but it may have to be after it warms up a bit so I don't have to carry as much weight. That thing will kick your a$$.

When are we gonna overnight the Panther Creek again? It will probably be March 22nd before I can do another overnighter. Anyone want to get in on the Panther Creek on that weekend?
    Reeper said he heard something. Glad he wasn't packing (heat) last night. Or was he? Yea I was off to the right of the knob. Down the hill a little. Yea Panther Creek is next on my agenda. Reeper is looking forward to it cause he's never been.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Reeper said he heard something. Glad he wasn't packing (heat) last night. Or was he? Yea I was off to the right of the knob. Down the hill a little. Yea Panther Creek is next on my agenda. Reeper is looking forward to it cause he's never been.
    I don't know if he was packing or not, but he offered to show it to me. Don't advertise that over on WB, he will get beat up pretty bad. I am glad somebody in the group was packing.

Reeper and I talked a little about Panther Creek this morning. Maybe we can pencil in that date in March I threw out there. I need some more practice if I am really going to try to do Springer to Woody gap in April or early May. I found out this weekend I need more time in the woods and on the trail before tackling that.

All these 6 to 8 mile day hikes in no way made me ready for the Coosa or for carrying the 30+ pounds I lugged up those mountains this weekend.

Thank God for Reeper having that truck spotted and thank God for my jacuzzi at home this morning!!

Hmm- "Jacuzzi" might make a great trail name....

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beamarshall View Post
    Hmm- "Jacuzzi" might make a great trail name....
    Ok what's it gonna be.....BullDawg or Jacuzzi?
    I like both of them.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

The jacuzzi tub was the first thing I picked out when we built our house 4 years ago. It is extremely nice to have a nice long hot soak when one is sore and beat down from a trail designed by someone who has a huge aversion to switchbacks!

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Ok what's it gonna be.....BullDawg or Jacuzzi?
    I like both of them.
    Hmmm, I like both of them too. Either would be fine for me. I'll let somebody else pick.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john30563 View Post
    So you walked right through our camp and no one ever heard you? So much for the "crazed killer can't get me because I'm aware of my surroundings argument." Don't tell anyone who might tell my wife.

So you were what, off the knob to the right of camp? I will tell ya man, I wanna finish the Coosa one day, but it may have to be after it warms up a bit so I don't have to carry as much weight. That thing will kick your a$$.

When are we gonna overnight the Panther Creek again? It will probably be March 22nd before I can do another overnighter. Anyone want to get in on the Panther Creek on that weekend?
    I was going to set up a hike through GeorgiaHikes on March 22nd until someone pointed out that Easter was March 23rd. I moved it to March 29th. You guys are welcome to come along, I'm not sure how many from GeorgiaHikes will make it but my plans are to hike to Whitly Gap Shelter from Neels Gap on the AT on Saturday and then hike back on Sunday. It is probably about 8 miles of some of the best vistas on the Georgia AT, but water is scarce along the way. Others may just come in from Hogpen Gap or Tesnatee Gap, I think one mentioned hiking in from Woody Gap starting on that Friday. I don't figure too many AT thru hikers will venture the 1.2 miles off the AT to that shelter.
    Youngblood AT2000

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I was going to set up a hike through GeorgiaHikes on March 22nd until someone pointed out that Easter was March 23rd. I moved it to March 29th. You guys are welcome to come along, I'm not sure how many from GeorgiaHikes will make it but my plans are to hike to Whitly Gap Shelter from Neels Gap on the AT on Saturday and then hike back on Sunday. It is probably about 8 miles of some of the best vistas on the Georgia AT, but water is scarce along the way. Others may just come in from Hogpen Gap or Tesnatee Gap, I think one mentioned hiking in from Woody Gap starting on that Friday. I don't figure too many AT thru hikers will venture the 1.2 miles off the AT to that shelter.
    Oh that weekend being Easter takes me out for that weekend. Couple that with the fact I have to work every other weekend pushes me out two weeks past that to do another over night.

But Youngblood, how far is the hike from Hogpen up to Whitley Gap Shelter? I work that Saturday, but could be at Hogpen by 4 PM. If I could make it into camp long before dark I might be interested, weather considered.

Images
    Maybe 2 miles.
    Youngblood AT2000

OK Youngblood, I'm gonna pencil this thing in. I could use some more of your expertise for sure. You should post it on here so we can have a crowd.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast