Thumbs up Trail Report for PrecherMansWife quilt

Well folks, Preacher Man's Wife made me a fine quilt. First of all let me report these folks are top notch. An absolute pleasure to deal with. Always made sure I was happy with what they were doing for me.

Secondly let me give a report. She made me a 2 layer of the heaviest ClimaShield quilt. It is 7'x5' in size. It's weight is 3lbs 5oz. A little heavy but I can't afford down, so I have to live with it.

I got into my hammock around 7:30 last night on top of Wildcat Knob in the Blood Mountain Wilderness with the temp hovering just below freezing. The winds were whipping out of the valleys to the north at what I have to estimate 20-30 mph. The tarp she made me kept most of that wind off of me partly because of Youngblood's lesson's yesterday afternoon. Well after an hour or so in the hammock I was plenty comfy. I slept without even waking up until 3am. As I normally only sleep 6 hours a so each night, I think my sleep pattern is mainly what woke me up. I did not look at the temp at this time, but I did notice I was sweating. I took off my balaclava and peeled back the down bag a bit with mainly just the underquilt keeping me warm and toasty. Youngblood reported it warmed up a bit after the winds died off around 3 to 4am. I stayed plenty warm until I got out of the hammock around 6.

Long story short this is a class A number one quilt. Well worth the investment. If you need something made you can;t make yourself and you can get in line for her to make it, get her. Her work is perfect and they will both go out of their way to make sure you are happy.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Thanks John for the good report. With all of us sick lately we are going kinda slow. We did just finish another top quilt that yall can see in my gallery. I'm glad that you stayed plenty warm. Do you have a trail name yet?

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

No trail name, we were all too tired to worry about anything but eating and getting to bed. The quilt was awesome.

• + New Posts