My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Pure Awesome, I think Les Stroud needs to look you guys up, and take pointers. Sounded like an awesome time.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Images
    great video

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    That was awesome, I really enjoyed watching it and sent the address to some of my friends. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Turk,

Awesome trip.....nice video.... looking forward to the written story and the lessons learned.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    That f***ing rocks. Great job, Turk.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Turk, as Teblum said, that wasn't just an outing, that was truly an adventure. That brings back warm, or should I say fond, memories of my Alaska days. You guys should try some skis and skins. When it gets that cold waxing is super simple, nothing changes much like it does when it is above zero.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Turk...that was just GREAT!!! Loved the video and the way you put the whole thing together. The actual trip looked awesome.
    Michael
    qpens

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images
    very cool
    I even liked the music
    drive on

In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images
    thanks for all the feedback.
    As follow up -

We originally recorded hours and hours of footage. The concept was to
    showcase some gear, talk about it extensively, demonstrate some of the uses and benefits, and also show concerns and problems that you can only learn about while being 'out there'. For us, this trip was the climax of months of backyard testing of the JRB hammock tent, the panda hammock, and ti-goat stove.

The heartbreak was getting home and finding out that all of our audio track was lost forever. This was due to a defect in our DVR module. I am contacting the manufacturers and should definitely be covered under warranty. The second blow to the film was discovering that almost half of the footage was corrupted. While I can play back much of the shots on the DVR unit, when I tried to transfer them into any of the standard video formats to my computer, the files are unreadable. I don't have a straight answer on this, but it caused much frustration.

We were unable to show any of the windstorm footage we shot on day 6, the breathtaking feat of man that is the "ice highway" - giving access throughout the arctic communities of the north, or the many pressure cracks and ice sheets heaving as we approached the massive ice fields of James bay.

In future episodes, we do plan to have commentary, and adhere to a format of presentation. But I also hope to keep segments entertaining to watch, and under 10 minutes in length to allow for upload to youtube.

Worth mentioning, we are certainly open to any and all suggestions for episodes. Anything specific you would like to see us showcase, or attempt to capture on film, we will try. Also hope that others are inspired to make their own segments of film to
    showcase so much of the great and pioneering DIY items found around this forum.
    Last edited by turk; 02-17-2008 at 22:21.

Get busy living or get busy dying! Dude, that is over the top awesome. I'm still trying to recover from the temps you posted! I would love to join you on one of those trips but my poncho liner would most likely not be up to the task!
    Hammock hanging and fly fishing;it just doesn't get any better!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast