hannock end amsteel attachment

i seem to recall a posting, here, that had the way to make a connection to a bunched end hammock. this one was different from the std. connection that we all see on this foum. if i trust my memmory (and i offten don't) - it took an extra turn around the bunched end and finished off passing under one or more of the turns. does anyone know there i could find this thread? i'd like to use it for the added security anf to spread out the strain of this connection

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by the_gr8t_waldo View Post
    i seem to recall a posting, here, that had the way to make a connection to a bunched end hammock. this one was different from the std. connection that we all see on this foum. if i trust my memmory (and i offten don't) - it took an extra turn around the bunched end and finished off passing under one or more of the turns. does anyone know there i could find this thread? i'd like to use it for the added security anf to spread out the strain of this connection
    Larks head vs prussic knot if I understand your question. Larks head will be just fine; prussic is used mostly for adjusting on a line.

i'm not all that well versed in knotage, but to me it was more like something between a "turk's head" & "larks head" i assume that the larkshead will hold, just wanting to try something a bit more ornate and at the same time spread out the stresses over a larger area

I'm not sure this will distribute any stresses, but you could try seizing your hammock with a Knife Lanyard knot. http://www.Layhands.com/Knots/Knots_...m#KnifeLanyard

This can also be doubled. http://www.chainlanyard.com/double-knife-lanyard-knot/

You can just tighten the loop into the knot. Also for tightening you can't just pull it tight. Start at the loop and work the slack through the knot to the ends a couple times.

Another option would be to tie a lark's head or other standard option and cover it with some sort of decorative knot tying. A large enough Turk's head knot would do it, but they can be tricky to learn if it's your first time. If you were going to do this, I could send more information to help.

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    One of the great things about using a lark's head to attach your suspension lines to the hammock is the ease with which you can remove them. This allows easy replacement of a ridgeline (say to change the length), or even removal of the entire suspension allowing you to switch hammocks to match the needs of your trip but not have a separate suspension on each hammock... The lark's head ends up having 2 strands of cordage wrapped around the hammock and distributes the load evenly. For me it is perfect but YMMV. Good luck.

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    I think this may be where you remember seeing that attachment.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    It's called a "sheet bend" . (or double sheet bend) see directions here
    http://www.animatedknots.com/sheetbend/index.php
    http://www.troop7.org/Knots/SheetDouble.html
    grinder

thank you run freather/grinder. out of fustration i plowed ahead and changed the hammock connection to 1/8"a.steel. i made the same simple "larks head" connection as was supplyed by wb. at this point i'm out of the asteel and am going to keep it this way for the season . next winter i might try changing it to what i was thinking of here. thanks to all for they'r input

• + New Posts