Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    On the idea of cookware...there are several ways to DIY stoves and mess kits that seem to work just fine for a lot of people.

I've been playing around with the variations of supercat stoves and soda can stoves the last few weeks, since I got a Trangia 28 on the PIF. Do a search on youtube for various DIY stoves and you can come up with a lot of cool things to try for very, very little cost.

I personally like the idea of using what you have...my gear will probably never qualify for UL or even lightweight...I'm more of a traditional packer using a lot of military gear that I'm VERY familiar and comfortable with.

Sometimes the "best" is what you know how to use most effectively.

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    For your cook kit another idea is to make a DIY woodstove from a 1 qt paint can & a progresso soup can. That is a great light stove that is super cheap and easy to make. I use one as my go to stove and carry a small alky stove a s a backup in case it is raining etc...

To go along with the woodstove buy an IMUSA 1.5 liter mug from Wallyworld for about $3. Its lightweight aluminum, cheap and the paint can stove slides right inside for storage.

Good luck and remember its more about getting out and having fun and less about the gear. Although I admit its fun obsessing over gear in between trips.

Hammock
    diy 2ply; eno single
    Tarp
    Nylon 10'12'
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    unknown @ this tim

Thanks for the advice and encouragement u'a'll

Today was a bonus day, while was out shopping on another matter I found a roll of rip-stop nylon at a fabric outlet store - was going to buy 4-yds of it, then I recalled a formula that creativeKayt put forth in a video of hers. So I decide to expand it to... well to make a tale shorter, bought the entire bolt @ $1.75-yd. Got enough for a few attempts at a DIY hammock. Will keep u'all posted as to the progress.

Tarps - hoping to get by with my 10x12 nylon, I think recoating will be a good idea. The tarp has been stored for the last several years - time will let me know if I need a new one.

I am considering the Ohm as any other that would fit my long torso.

I attempted to walk about a local paved trail twice this evening in my tevas, my feet, ankles and legs are calling me all sort of nasty names. Trail distance = 2-miles. My own foolish fault.

I love Maple syrup; to play in hollows and rills; play with sgian and to eat Bacon & beef. Life is good.

Hammock
    Clark nx150
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    3 word.....Molly Mac Pack.....
    i have had packs that have been a perfect choice for a trip......then sat in the closet for years because they wernt suitable for other trips, and spent money buying new packs that would suit.
    Ive only had the macpack for a few months and without a doubt it has been the most adaptable pack ive ever had.

YES, i spent good dollars on it.
    NO, i wont need to spend more for another pack to fill a specific need for a trip.

These are great as a "purchase once" item.

Frankie
    Land of Oz.....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12