Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I decided to test the UQ today and It was fine but I had a couple issues with it......1. the first time I tightened the suspension on it and sat in the hammock it broke the stitches on the top hooks of the UQ. I mean im not trying to be like this but I weigh 145. That shouldnt happen at all. it wasnt that tight. It was difficult for me to get it to fit right but it finaly felt warm once I got in it. 2. it was my first lay in it and it has alot of spots that are tearing alot of loose threads. I think a nice quilt but maybe a couple things could be changed. again im not trying to be rude in anyway
    The proof is in the PUDDING...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNx-lz5x-sY

BF

PS-
    Stick with it, we've all had user error issues. Got any pics?

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    contact the seller and let him know about it
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    it was during the day. I was having to babysit my nephew at the time also. ill try to set it up again tomorrow and get some photos. but im in SC it was about 58 or so when I was in it. but very windy. I did get pretty warm. I liked it alot when I got it to work. the only real issue was the torn suspension part. I didnt rip it all the way off but I heard a awful sound and it fell off the hammock and it pulled the shock cord off and tore the little loop. Im gonna email dp about it.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    [QUOTE=Blackhawkgeo;459511]Well, I just finished my overnight test of the DP Underquilt and I have to say, it did quite well. Here are a couple of pics of the quilt on my Blackbird 1.0.

its just a rip where the loop ripped the fabric up off the back. its not major but ive never sewed anything . im gonna talk to dp but Id kind of rather have my sister mess with it then me have to send it off. but after seeing these other pics. id like to retry it with the triangle things like the above pictures

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    That rip is not a very good sign of this product. Human error, faulty materials etc. are always a factor though. How the problem is dealt with will be an indication of the company and the person/people behind it.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I want it to be known I didnt put this little review thing on here to insult DP or anything I just put it up because no one had put one up yet. I did have an issue with a couple things but other than the tear its my personal thoughts on it. Im not trying to start any my issues on this already rough thread. I think it was extremely warm and other than the tear . im pretty satisfied. I will try and get some pics up tomorrow but I also dont want to rip the fabric even more. Im just saying I didnt want this to start another debate.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I want it to be known I didnt put this little review thing on here to insult DP or anything I just put it up because no one had put one up yet. I did have an issue with a couple things but other than the tear its my personal thoughts on it. Im not trying to start any my issues on this already rough thread. I think it was extremely warm and other than the tear . im pretty satisfied. I will try and get some pics up tomorrow but I also dont want to rip the fabric even more. Im just saying I didnt want this to start another debate.
    It's not a debate if the picture speaks for itself. I assume you did not do anything out of the ordinary to cause the tear so I value any opinion you put forth. In the end all reviews are mostly opinions.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    I think we all appreciate the review, Newton. Whether the issue was caused by human error or not, one could argue that "instructions" of usage were lacking. Either way, I agree that the way dp handles the situation is a big factor in what we should all take away from this. Mistakes are made in manufacturing, whether it's a handmade product or a mass produced product from China. Maybe it's that. It's hard to say. The important thing is you didn't intentionally rip your product. You were trying to use it to the best of your ability, and in the copy you received, user allowances were too tight, which means when you made a small mistake, things started to break. I think that's completely acceptable for both you and the manufacturer, in this case dp. Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear it's warm though, and I hope everything gets worked out smoothly!

Hammock
    DIY GE, Bridge, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, OES Dlx
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3 UQ v2
    Suspension
    7/64 amsteel blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    ....I just dont like to see the twist this thread has taken.
    twist in the thread.....hahahaa.
    Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

Opppppps

Hangers,

First manufacturing problem for dp.

NewtonGT emailed me about the tear. I've asked him to return it to me for inspection and repair with no charges. Return shipping free.

I've been out of town with business and upon returning and receiving GT's email, I then logged on to the Forums to see if it was being discussed.

First thing I observed from GT's photos is ... the suspension rigging is not dp's design.

Go to www.dphammockgear.com and look at my under quilt rigging and then look at GT's?

dp uses a soft stretch "white" shock cord for one thing.

Second, we use a loop suspension shock cord with a single small hook that attaches to one's hammock suspension in "one" place.

So, even with the modification, I'm more than willing to repair the quilt with no charges.

dp is posting here because I want everyone to know, the suspension rigging NewtonGT is using is not dp designed.

I really understand "tweeking" gear, as I've done it forever. But once I personally "tweek" (change) the manufacturer's design, I assume full responsibility. Fair enough? At least I've always thought that way.

FYI: From www.dphammockgear.com warranty page

All dp Hammock Gear workmanship is fully warranted for 90 days from purchase

Please be assured, should a problem arise, our customer service aims to please

dp is sure you realize you are purchasing a fabric product and ANY fabric will eventually wear-out.

Time frame? This depends on the owner, ie: sun exposure, handling, storage, ect.

dp believes we are manufacturing some of the most reliable, lightweight, user friendly, value priced backpacking gear anywhere

Since NewtonGT's dp quilt is under the 90 day warranty, again, we want "happy campers" and will repair at no charge even tho it appears as if our product has been modified. I plan to strengthen the pulls if GT wants to use his modified suspension design. Again, NO CHARGE and will do my best to help ... even tho it may add a few grams weight with reinforcing strips.

Hopefully this will justify GT's return shipping.

Please don't let this small Customer Service situation develop into another near shouting match like we had with dp's cozy insulation?

And thinking of "cozy", NewtonGT?, we are pleased to hear you are "cozy" using dp's Cozy quilt insulation ... Thank you for the positive review and comments.

Happy Trails ...
    dp dave

www.dphammockgear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast