Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Portable Hammock Stand?

I have lurked here for a long time but this is my first post. My sons scoutmaster got us hammock camping about a year ago and since that time i have been hooked. I have a few diy hammocks as well as an eno. My son uses a grand trunk ultralight. I have made uq for him and i and made an tq for me. I should say my mom helped with those. I have attempted to make a few portable stands but have not been successful. I got some birthday money and would like to buy a stand i can use in the yard, basement and take with me when we go camping places there are not trees. Looking for any suggestions.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    incubator & burrow
    Suspension
    webbing straps

has anyone tried the hf stand. My wife purchased the other one linked from costco for me. the stand itself is cool design and very easy to move and set up. the only downside it that with the eno it almost drags with my 10 year old daughter and i hit the ground. the hf freight looks easy to use if it tall enough.

Any other thoughts out there.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    I have two of the Texsport steel hammock stands. I use my ENO DNs, attach 3 carabiners daisy chained to the S hook on each end to get the right distance. It works well and holds up for us. I think I paid $65 each for them.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter
    Tarp
    DIY-needs doors
    Insulation
    CC foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Hammock stands

I sleep in a hammock at home as well as when I'm out camping. I set up a Byer of Maine Viking stand with a double (couple) sized 100% cotton Brazilian Hammock. To get it to hang right I had to shorten the suspension a little bit (to get it up off the floor while you're sitting) and I'd ~strongly~ recommend that you check out the welds on the base plates as my first set failed out of the box due to bad and missing welds. The company was (in their defence) very prompt in getting me replacements with no issues. It's a great set up. looking forward to many years of use, and the bamboo looks nice too.

On the texsport how far off the ground are you? It looks like they have a few models, some of them are pretty low to the ground. They do look simple and i like that.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    with my 400 in it, I don't touch the ground. I am simply using carabiners directly attached the the stock carabiners (like a daisy chain) to get the right length.

There are 6 pieces of steel total, and they are set so that you simply connect them together, no tools at all. they fit together like male/female connectors. its about as simple as it gets. Strong as heck, not lightweight, but if you are car camping/backyard, no big deal. I will be taking them to my buddy's farm where there are no trees to hang from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Big Papi,
    It looks like you have it hung completyl straight. Do you this because it sags and gives you the feel you like or to keep you off the ground? I like the looks of that and the simplicity, just want to make sure it will work.

Images
    Here's what I did for car camping with the troop.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29417

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I made this one, and have used it several times. It's easy to build, and transport, as long as you have room for two 2"x4"x8' boards. I need to get some new pics, as I have changed a few things. I switched out the rope for the uprights to ratchet straps, and the ground anchors are now 24" rebar with a 3" piece welded to the top to make a T. When I get the new pics, I'll update the original thread.

I used this set-up a few weeks ago at a scout camporee. No problems and a tarp attachment is no easy. Ohhh wait, I do have some pics of it with my DIY camo tarp.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You can't see the anchors, but get the idea, if not let me know and I'll get the pics. I had my hammock hanging, but removed it to add the sil to the tarp (didn't want sil on the hammock). If you look close you can see my yellow straps for the hammock still on the stand.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast