Hammock
    ENO DN / DIY
    Tarp
    9 x 7 cheapie
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Straps and Rings
    I detach one end from the tree strap, then lay the amsteel and rings in the hammock. Then I twist that half of the hammock (like ringing out a towel). Not tight, just enough to keep the ridgeline and suspension in, and to keep the material neatly together. Next I roll from the end towards the middle, but stop shy of rolling all the way to the middle. If you don't leave enough of the fabric that attaches to the sack loose, it will pull the edge of the sack down into it's self, making it impossible to get everything in the sack. I then put this roll down into the bottom of the sack and lay it flat. I repeat this on the other end, laying this roll on top of the first one, then stuff what remains of the fabric that's attached to the sack down. I end up with enough room to neatly roll up my tree straps, with carabiners, and put them in the sack on top of the hammock. Then cinch it down. Takes no time and everything always comes out perfect. Tree straps and carabiners are the first things you need so it's very convenient to have them be the first things to come out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex View Post
    it was finally nice enough outside for me to go out and test hang both my enos. took the dog with me to get her out of the house and to see if she would sit with me in the hammock. anyway, im pulling out the first eno and find out that my packing skills suck and my amsteel (since it isnt quite a whoopie yet) is all sorts of jumbled. it takes the better part of 5 minutes to figure out which end is up. after figuring it out, it was easy from there but then tear down made for an interesting time packing it back in. my second eno wasnt as bad, really easy if anything. it has the stock suspension still on it.

so my question is, to those of you who have enos, do you keep your hammock in the sack attached to it or use a separate stuff sack, like a bishop bag? im guessing if not, then packing it right makes all the difference. any tips in that department then?

ps. i tried to get more pictures but spent most of my battery life catching the small pack of deer that came close enough i could have touched them.
    Attachment 21558Attachment 21559
    Hi FT,
    I make whoopies all the time and have put whoopies on my ENO double, HH Exped, and SB.
    If you'd like some help I live down by Chatfield Res. let me know.

Love the picts. That's a cool dogpack.

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Profly
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    thanks for all the ideas guys. bamaguy, i saw those and i was thinking about picking them up. i was looking to get a few dry sacks thou, especially ones that have an air valve on them. are they worth it for the price?

izzy (or booger as i call her) loves her pack now that she is use to it. i think the only reason she gets in the hammock is because im in it. but i wont complain, im a cold sleeper so a foot warmer is just a bonus

outandback, i think ill have to take you up on that offer. for some reason my amsteel doesnt want to enter the bury and it makes me wonder if im doing it wrong or if something else is wrong.
    Tucker: So I suppose if you are helping us you arent as mean as I thought...
    Tex: I wouldnt say Im mean, I just get hired to do mean things.
    Tucker: But you like it.
    Tex: Well I think its important to enjoy what you do.

-Red Vs Blue

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Profly
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    btw, awesome lookin dog
    thanks . we found her at a shelter and decided she had the right personality. sure enough though, it changed a few weeks later. but we still love her. she is a basenji/whippet mix. we get lots of looks out in public because no one can tell what she is

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterMinister View Post
    +1 for the Red vs. Blue sig!
    another red vs blue fan! who doesnt like it?

-Red Vs Blue

Hammock
    DIY creation
    Tarp
    WalMart Blue
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slings
    Images
    My ENO stuffs into a black bishop bag I sewed together. The bag lives on the foot end of my hammock. I took the webbing and buckle off the integrated pouch, but left the pouch on as a nice little storage compartment. Once I stuff my hammock into the black bishop my tree straps go right on top of it, that way I grab one bag and know that I'm good to go.
    "We're making art, not taking a test"
    -Willie Williams

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Profly
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfolsomjr View Post
    My ENO stuffs into a black bishop bag I sewed together. The bag lives on the foot end of my hammock. I took the webbing and buckle off the integrated pouch, but left the pouch on as a nice little storage compartment. Once I stuff my hammock into the black bishop my tree straps go right on top of it, that way I grab one bag and know that I'm good to go.
    im thinking about going with a black bishop bag since i dont have a place to put the rest of my suspension. ive been using a separate stuff sack but that worries me that either something will be left out or worst case i forget something

how big did you make your bag? ill have some material left over after my uq and tarp are made and id rather recycle that stuff. if you know of any blueprints i guess, please feel free to point me in that direction

-Red Vs Blue

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    With my ENO SN, I start stuffing it back in the sack, once I am about half way, I just stuff one end, whoppies and all, then continue with the other, that way the 2 whoopies don't get tangled. I have thought about removing the bag, but honestly, most of the time I use my DIY hammock.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex View Post
    im thinking about going with a black bishop bag since i dont have a place to put the rest of my suspension. ive been using a separate stuff sack but that worries me that either something will be left out or worst case i forget something

how big did you make your bag? ill have some material left over after my uq and tarp are made and id rather recycle that stuff. if you know of any blueprints i guess, please feel free to point me in that direction
    Forgetting something in the camp room is always big on my mind.
    I use Hennessy snakeskins for my tarp and all lines stay attached.
    One bag for the hammock with tree huggers and tent stakes.
    Tent stakes are stored in a smaller thicker nylon to protect the hammock
    but the tent stake bag is attached to the hammock bag.

Hammock
    DIY creation
    Tarp
    WalMart Blue
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slings
    Images
    My Black Bishop bag started life as a piece of fabric 26" long and 9" wide. I roll-hemmed all the edges and folded it in half and sewed up the sides so my bag ended up being about 12" tall by 8" wide.

Here's a shot of the bag open. You can see my tree straps sitting on top of my hammock.

"We're making art, not taking a test"
    -Willie Williams

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Profly
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    out, thats a really nice set up! im not an ul person but i always think its cool to see how it all breaks down. not to mention how light everything can get! i carry an alice pack and i bought an old nbc sack which holds my mummy bag and a tarp with some space left over. since it attaches to the bottom of my pack and summer is coming up, i plan on storing my hammock, tarp, uq and poncho liner in it. just so i dont forget anything

john, i like your bishop bag. did you do a hole at the back or add a grommet? my concern would be the hole widening after long term use. i know you said you use your diy more often than the eno, but how long have you been using the bishop bag?

-Red Vs Blue

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast