Everything is coming together this weekend for me to finish my down quilt. The kids are at grammy's, the wife is busy with class work, and the down from Ed just arrived.

I have cut all the fabric and baffles and have put omni tape in for a head hole and sewed the two halves together. It is time for baffles.

I have experimented a little bit with scraps to figure out how to best attach the baffles in a close approximation to a straight line. Since I'm lazy I was looking for a way to do this without pinning. I found that my rolled hem foot works extremely well on the noseeum netting. It makes an even 4mm rolled hem, and I can just mark a line on the ripstop at a 1/4" offset and keep this line aligned with the right edge of the rolled hem foot. This way, I roll hem the noseeum and sew it to the ripstop in one operation. This method is so simple and effortless that I am beginning to wonder if there might be something I am overlooking.

Has anybody done this? Anybody care to speculate whether this is a good idea or not?