Images

Tarp Tensioners (Latex Rubber Tubing)

Jeff and everyone else. Just to let you know that the tarp tensioners you show on your website Jeff using the slingshot replacement tubing is far more expensive than what I found today.

I had reason to go into a local Hospital Supply store and asked if they sold Latex Rubber Tubing by the foot. They did and it ranged in size from 1/16 inch walled stuff to 1/8 inch. From 1/4 ID down to 1/8 ID. Price was 1.15 per foot for the 1/4 ID X 1/16 wall.

So bottom line is check around you just might find a cheaper price. I picked up 6 feet and will have plenty of tensioners for the future. Check out your own local Pharmacy or Hospital Supply stores for some bargains and odds are also probably that the Latex is fresher. It does dry-rot and is not UV resistant.

TOG

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Good to know it's out there...the only place like that I could find didn't sell it by the foot, but wanted $20 for a whole box of exercise bands. So I got the sling shot kit instead. Hopefully I'll it available when I get to NC. Thanks for letting us know!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Good to know it's out there...the only place like that I could find didn't sell it by the foot, but wanted $20 for a whole box of exercise bands. So I got the sling shot kit instead. Hopefully I'll it available when I get to NC. Thanks for letting us know!
    i know you`ll be glad to get back to the south east:~)
    i`ll bet they don`t even show the Andy Griffith show out there:~{
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Nope...but about a month ago we finally found a place with sweet tea. One place.

I'll be glad to be near the AT. I did end up liking it here, though...once I got used to the people. Nothing anywhere like Southern hospitality. Still thinking about retiring in Colorado Springs.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    When I made my Tarp Tensioners I also bought my tubing from a medical supply store. It's much cheaper than buying the slingshot bands.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    i made mine from some cheap, small, walmart bungi cords. they came about 10 to the bag, and cost under $3. they're about 8-9" long including the hooks, maybe 7 or so for just the elastic part.

you take one hook completely off the bungi. a loop of elastic with a staple around it is what's left. run the end of your tieout cord throught that loop, then tie an overhand on a bight, leaving about 6"-8". tie that bit to the tarp. about a foot or so down the cord from where the bungi's knotted in, tie another overhand on a bight. the remaining hook from the bungi can tie in there. you can move the hook or the knot, for whatever works best for you. you can even tie a series of knots, enabling different levels of tension.

i need to get a picture of these things posted... would save me writing (and more importantly, you all reading) so much.

I have found tubing at a couple of different Hardware stores, for $1-$2 a foot. I have made a couple of these and they work great.

• + New Posts