Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    cool, sounds like a pretty good fit, you know it's a good design when it makes you hot. what i recommended was to sew a drawcord sleeve/channel on the sides and run the sc through that, just running it through pull tabs might not have the same effect. if it's not too big of an opening, it might work , but a drawcord sleeve is not much if any heavier, and would probably perform better as it would pull the whole side snug, rather than just at the pull tab points.

lets see some pics of it in action.
    Yeah, the friction in the channel would also keep it in place, while the pull tabs might not. I will have to play with it for a bit to figure out the best way. I think I might fix one end and put a cord lock on the other, or something... I might end up sewing a separate shock cord channel to the side of the quilt.

I have to order some more shockcord. I also want to try the linelocs from quest to see if they work with the thin shockcord for an easier adjustment.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    nice quilt. Once I'm done with my light-weight bridge hammock I'll be working on a light weight 1/2 UQ for it, something to take me to about 50 degrees. Glad I don't have to mess with warped geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderlein View Post
    I have to order some more shockcord. I also want to try the linelocs from quest to see if they work with the thin shockcord for an easier adjustment.
    answer : yes. Both the big ones and little ones work swimmingly. Nice strong springs inside 'em.

Grizz
    Last edited by GrizzlyAdams; 03-17-2008 at 16:04.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    answer : yes. Both the big ones and little ones work swimmingly. Nice strong springs inside 'em.

Grizz
    I was thinking about the Tent Guy Line Adjusters - Lineloc 3 at the bottom of this page. I don't think they have any springs. Are you talking about the same ones?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderlein View Post
    I was thinking about the Tent Guy Line Adjusters - Lineloc 3 at the bottom of this page. I don't think they have any springs. Are you talking about the same ones?
    No I was thinking of something else. Not called linelocs at all, called toggles.

The 70's weren't good to me....

Grizz

Images
    I have not had a lot of time for fun things lately, so no pics yet. When the weatherman predicted freezing temperatures for last night, I had to do a back yard test with the new 3/4 UQ. I was wearing smartwool and light weight fleece, both top and bottom, and a wool hat. I used my summer quilt with about 1.75" loft on top, 3/4 UQ and sit pad for bottom insulation. Around 1am, I woke up sweating a little bit. I did not remove any clothing though, because it was already below freezing and I thought I would get cold. I vented a little bit and fell asleep again. I woke up at 7am and it was 28F but I was warm, particularly on the bottom. I did not want to get out of the hammock.

I did manage to adjust the suspension to get rid of the down compression at the bottom while keeping the sides of the quilt close to the hammock. I guess it just takes a little while to get it just right.

I am pretty thrilled about this result. 28F is not bad at all for a 14.5oz underquilt, and I think I can go quite a bit lower (with a different top quilt).

One curious thing: The last two times out in the hammock, I have noticed moisture on the outside of the foot box of the top quilt. One time with the synthetic, and last night with the down quilt. The first time I thought I brushed the quilt against the tarp which had a lot of condensation on it. Last night, the tarp stayed dry, and now I don't know what to make of it. Anybody experience condensation in the foot box area of their top quilts?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

footbox condensation

really sweaty feet (?)

GRizz

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    really sweaty feet (?)
    I have a set of the Really Sweaty Feet™ that I take with me on occasion (a matched pair, actually), but I've never experienced condensation when using them submerged in a quilt environment.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    I thought about that, but the condensation is on the outside. The only explanation I have left is that it was a mean squirrel peeing in my hammock. I can picture him walking along the suspension, doing his business and taking off with a grin...

Images
    i've had condensation on my entire down sleeping bag before, seems like it's always below freezing, maybe since you were hot, and it was cold out, you were putting off more water vapor than the cold air could absorb, so it condensed on the shell of the quilt.

Images
    There was actually a little bit of condensation at the head end of the quilt as well. I figured that was from my breath, and it was only a very slight dampness. The footbox had much more moisture on it. The first night this happened was not below freezing, but it was foggy. The second time it was cold but not humid at all. I'm still puzzled. Could it have anything to do with the CCF pad under my feet?

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast