Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Images

trapped in tornado H-E-dbl hockey sticks

Up all night - 2 nights in a row- with tornado sirens wailing. Drove 45 mins west this AM- in a severe thunder storm- to surgery over Oxford, MS way. Went to take my 1st patient to recovery room and was told "get back in room- we will recover in the OR- 80 mph winds out side and tornado warning". At about 1pm one of the local anesthesia folks came in and took over my case- the last case of the day. I was going to finish it, but they said I better make a run for Tupelo cause another tornado was heading for them, but Tupelo was OK for now. As I hit the parking lot, the siren started wailing again. Hit the road fast. Can you believe that by the time I got to Tupelo, there are now multiple tornado warnings here! Another place I work- but not today- Batesville- was reporting GRAPEFRUIT size hail. Trees are down everywhere. I hate this. If there is one thing that makes me want to get out of the deep south, it is these cursed tornados.

But all of that is just inconvenience. Y'all be praying the large numbers of folks in the direct paths of these da**ed things from the devil. No wonder the Bible calls Satan the "Prince of the power of the air"! That's what I think of every time I see one of those evil funnels! I absolutely hate them!

PS I would like to edit that title to "sticks" instead of "aticks" but I don't know how!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-27-2011 at 14:56.

Hammock
    Walhalla 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    OES MC DLX Sil
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ/ GL Bag
    At least you are okay!

Hang in there Doctor Bob! Crazy weather this season

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Glad you're ok Bob!

Round 2 of weather headed to NW GA later.
    Earlier this morning woke up to sirens in Cherokee county, GA
    I know its been putting a hurt on AL & TN too.

everyone be safe!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    PS I would like to edit that title to "sticks" instead of "aticks" but I don't know how!
    Not know-how, you just don't have the permissions.

I share your loathing of tornadoes. Many of my years were spent right in the middle of Tornado Alley; Wichita, KS. My first memory is of looking out our picture window at a tornado that filled the frame. Dad grabbed me and ran back into the basement. Remember back in 91 (i think that was the year, maybe 90) when McConnell AFB got wasted? I was on base at the time. Ever seen that footage of people under an overpass with the tornado going over top. Look close and you'll see a Cannibal. The last one was what convinced me to leave the land of do-dah and move to the mountains.

They are a terrible force of nature and NOT to be trifled with. Glad you are successfully dodging them. I've been just beside myself watching the weather across the country for the last couple of weeks. Hope Spring gets done throwing its fits sooner than later.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Folks are really getting smacked down in the S/E...prayers for y'all. So glad you made it home safe.

I used to live in Texas (Shepherd AFB brat) and the weather can be fearsome (but grapefruit sized hail!?). When we moved to California (Castle AFB brat) the Texas folk were astounded we would head out to all those earthquakes. More decades than I like later I have yet to experience any sort of major earthquake while many of my friends in Texas have been through many tornados.

Prolly just cursed myself...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Not know-how, you just don't have the permissions.

I share your loathing of tornadoes. Many of my years were spent right in the middle of Tornado Alley; Wichita, KS. My first memory is of looking out our picture window at a tornado that filled the frame. Dad grabbed me and ran back into the basement. Remember back in 91 (i think that was the year, maybe 90) when McConnell AFB got wasted? I was on base at the time. Ever seen that footage of people under an overpass with the tornado going over top. Look close and you'll see a Cannibal. The last one was what convinced me to leave the land of do-dah and move to the mountains.

They are a terrible force of nature and NOT to be trifled with. Glad you are successfully dodging them. I've been just beside myself watching the weather across the country for the last couple of weeks. Hope Spring gets done throwing its fits sooner than later.
    Thanks for correcting that for me, Cannibal! Well, here it comes again, headed right for us. My wife just called to see if I wanted her to come get me so we could all be in the same place at the kids/grandkids just down the road. Cause yet another big un is barreling in this way. I can't drive over there cause the truck would be out in the hail. Told her I would stay here with the cats. There it is again right now- the tornado siren! DANG! Guess I'll try to heard the cats into the "safe" room, a interior bathroom.

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    diy, syl nylon
    Insulation
    PLUQ&TQ IXUQ&TQ
    Suspension
    1" plypro web & ws
    The possibility is in our forcast for the next few hours here in pa. 80* this afternoon and a high of 58* for tomorrow.

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    LD if you feel the ground shaking when you're not on your bike you know you jinxed yourself. :P

Be safe Bob! check in when you can.

Cannibal I'm with you & had enough of this spring rage

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I'm so glad to live in NW Ontario, we very,very rarely have any type of severe weather here, maybe a snowstorm that buries us once in awhile, but that's nothing compared to what you guys live through every year
    Debi

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast