i came back from a four-nighter. this was a group trip, but also a chance for me to try out all kind of new things... the nights were about 50f, very humid and wet. and no trees nearby (long story) - i choose to go to ground twice. no tarp on me either at the time (long story). i had a 3/4 length tyvek jerry-chair, a space blanket, a thermarest z-seat (under my butt and kidneys), and a black plastic bin liner (folded up under my chest). umm.. i also had the full mw3c and the shenandoah so yeah, i was warm, albeit still on the hard ground, and always managed to get enough sleep. there was a little bit of rain and the quilts took an afternoon in the sun to dry out, no biggie...
i want to say that i am pleasantly suprized by the performance of this emergency combo and that it feels great to know i will still be warm with good gear such as this in no-tree situations.
btw, people liked the clothes line i made out of the trekking poles, two trail sticks and a length of line. i got to play with my ogee in the same way a lot too! ;-)