Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    sara take this for what is worth, long time hanger almost 11 yrs...started with hennessy, left it in pa on my aborted hike...did not like it at all (bottom entry) too hot and claustrophobic: bought an eno, have not used anything but the eno!! still have my original one. can not beat the feel of the hammock and the simplicity.. keep it simple and cheap! YVHO
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Suspension
    ENO Slap straps

Update

So just that I would let you all know we did an overnight in my hammock for the first time ever!!! Yay us! So it was supposed to only be in the mid 50's at night but it got down to the 40's and we were both cold. So therefore I will be buying the Double Layer so I can slip a pad in there. Overall a pretty good experience. The eno straps stretched like crazy and although we didn't get critters on us the ENO bug nets were kind of a hassle to hang up. Maybe it was just because we were first timers it took a while, but it seems still pretty sure I'm going with the Blackbird. Having the bug net and hammock all in one sounds like the way to go. Oh yeah getting into a sleeping bag liner and then a mummy bag is very difficult in a hammock.

What exactly is permethrin? I'm guessing some some sort of bug repellent...

premethrin is the active ingrediant in flea and tick sprays creams and bombs...

congrats on your first night btw! I wasn't prepared for the cold my first night out either haha.. it's all part of the fun.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Sara, do check out the Switchbacks - they have the advantage that you can sleep with your head in either direction (ie if the sun is in your eyes. For the WBBB you have to decide which way you will ALWAYS lie because of the footbox).

Another great feature of SBs is that you can tie the bugnet out of the way for when you want to just lounge - can't do that with the BB.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    Another great feature of SBs is that you can tie the bugnet out of the way for when you want to just lounge - can't do that with the BB.
    Ummm, I do that all the time in my Blackbird.
    Just flip the netting over to the other side and tie it to the shelf stake...lounge away.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara_Chris View Post
    ...What exactly is permethrin? I'm guessing some some sort of bug repellent...
    http://www.sawyer.com/permethrin.htm

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234