Quote Originally Posted by Busky2 View Post
It was easy, give it a try. I have a NX-250 and wanted a UQ but need to get some cash first soooo I made one. First off I put my son to work as a hammock hangee so I could get some measurements. I then transposed the measurements to a 20* bag and cut it to a ruff shape. Then I sewed this shape up tight I got some double faced tape at Joanns. After this I trimmed the edges clean. Next I then added two darts one on each side. I drew them out and cut first, taped and then sewed them. The darts along with the taper hold the shape I wanted well. With this done I placed a channel along both sides using 2" poly webbing and added some elastic to the top and bottom hems. Just have to add some shock cord and was done. I was good to the low teens with hi winds to boot. I also made a TQ like the 3 season burrow, love it no pads required. I have pics in the gallery, sort of step by step, sort of.
That looks really good and is what I had in mind for a sleeping bag UQ. What was the rating of the bag you used? I have a couple of old 40* that I'm willing to sacrifice....