Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I prefer using a quilt in a hammock or a bag opened up like a quilt, especially if using a HH. Getting in a sleeping bag while inside a HH is not fun.

As far as bags go, I really like Western Mountaineering and they have a new line of bags that have little or no insulation on the bottom and also has a sleeve for a pad.
    Getting into a Hennessy wearing a Rock Wren is like falling out of (or rather into) bed. Unzip the Wren and pull it over your head or step through the open bottom and stick your arms out of the arm holes. Pull the hood over your head and "hike" the bag up above your butt a little. Step into the hammock slit and sit down. Lie back, position yourself diagonally, and reach down and close the drawstring bottom. If it is cold, pull your arms inside, I don't close the arm hole zippers unless it is really cold. This bag and a JRB Nest is a sweet setup. There is about a 4-5oz weight penalty over a topquilt, but I think the bag is a bit warmer than a quilt so it is a toss up IMO.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I can see how a Wren would be pretty easy to use with a HH. Probably the only bag that is user friendly in a HH. Plus, being encapsulated in down just has to be sweet.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    BA Yampa, Exped 7s
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    This looks like a nice mod.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...i=140&catid=13
    Custom Feathered Friends Rock Wren.
    Modified full length zipper to function as top quilt. Modified grosgrain loops to function as Hennessey underquilt. 2oz overfill, pertex quantum inside and out

Hammock
    HH Expo and a ENO double
    Images
    I will have to agree with Rasputen. I have a couple HH's, and a a couple ENO's. I use a BA Lost Ranger with a thermarest mil issue pad. I have used it down into the low 30's, and could easily hit the high 20's with comfort. Happy Hanging.
    I trust everyone, it is the devil in side them i dont trust.
    (Sua Sponte)

Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    BA Yampa, Exped 7s
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I found Turk's post about the custom Wren.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...95&postcount=5

I use a Campmor 20* down bag. $109.99 and very good quality. On a 24* night, snowing/freezing rain/6-8mph wind with my JRB underquilt and the campmor bag only, I was TOASTY. I start with the bag unzipped and you stick it in the hammock first, then push it to the side when you get in. Then put your feet in the foot pouch and pull the bag over you. Use it like a quilt with a footsack or just tuck it in around you on the sides.

Works really well for me.

Hi guys,

well as I have a HHED think i can comment on this one.

I have a few bags some central / some right side zips. so the following

british army sleeping system - great bag central zip, bit heavy.

softie elite 3 - another great bag, right zip, packs down to nothing.

I tend to use the softie now as its easier to get into my bergan, lightweight and good warmth rating.

K

Hammock
    Hennessey summer, lightest winter
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11 in skins
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & SierraSv
    Images
    When cold, I use a Big Agnes Mystic long left-zip with a Ridgerest Deluxe of matching size (78 x 20). Open the bag all the way, sit on the sleeved pad in the middle of the bag, rotate about 90°, lay down, pull top of bag over you and zip up as required. You can then toss and turn inside the spacious bag (and I do) without worrying about the pad slipping around under you. IMO this setup is perfect for a Hennessey's bottom-mount system.

When warm, I use as little as possible, a cheap fleece bag or even a Coolmax sheet. It gets *very* hot and humid down here in the summer. I'm getting older and starting to wuss out on going out in the summer, sticking to spring/fall/winter camping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12