ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post
    Just got the following email from Strapworks:
    Don't really understand his description for an inverted loop - anybody understand it?
    I think I do.

It seems that he means that the single rotation in the webbing before sewing it back on itself keeps it from laying completely flat. I guess some people like that.

I also got an email from StrapMan today. I had contacted him earlier in the week about the possibility of getting a strap-set made from the seatbelt webbing (and my email probably is why they added the new sling type). In the email he told me that they've already sold about a hundred of them. Either the lurker audience here is larger than I realized, or there is another purpose for this sling that I don't know about.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Either the lurker audience here is larger than I realized, or there is another purpose for this sling that I don't know about.
    Oh yeah, the lurkers are everywhere. Check the "who's online" and they usually outnumber the members by a good margin.

I think it's really cool the way Strapworks has responded to our little demographic. For those that have both, is the seatbelt stuff comparable in weight to the OWF camo webbing?
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    For the record -

I did receive the order that I placed for a pair of the new Strapworks Simple Slings in Seatbelt Webbing...BUT...the ones I received were the regular polyester webbing, not seatbelt webbing.

I contacted Strapworks about the mixup, and they promptly offered an exchange including a refund of my shipping costs.

Great customer service, but there will be a slight delay before I receive the webbing.

If anyone else ordered some of the seatbelt slings, check to see what type of webbing you actually receive.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY parallelogram/speer
    Tarp
    guidegear camo 12'
    Insulation
    garlington style
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    An inverted loop refers to how to make a lark's head that lays flat, pretty cool actually... I think Just Jeff uses it on his sight to connect two treehuggers... can't remember and I'm having trouble connecting
    "nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in on your dreams? You don't dream for me no" Third Eye Blind

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0
    Tarp
    Zpack's H. Tarp
    Insulation
    Summer Crowsnest
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    I'm about to order some webbing from Strapworks. I'm going with a 30' Simple Sling. I'll cut it in half and fuse the ends. I use the SMC rings. Does anyone have any updates from their experiences with either the seatbelt webbing or polyester?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Does anyone have any updates from their experiences with either the seatbelt webbing or polyester?
    I still use the same seatbelt webbing sling on one of my hammocks...after dozens of hangs it's holding up well with no lasting signs of abrasion.

Hammock
    Hennessey Exp Zippereed Dlx A-Sim
    Tarp
    Hennessey 70D "HEX
    Insulation
    BA+Mtn,Hinman pad
    Suspension
    straps & carabiner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    there is another purpose for this sling that I don't know about.

I ordered one from them on Friday the 21st and it shipped on the 24th, now that's service. I got one in a 12 foot length with a shoulder pad to help me carry my Sit-On-Top kayak from the car to the beach. I run it through the scuppers and then sling it over my shoulder. Sure beats dragging it through the parking lot and then over the rocks.

Scored 4 Dunginess and 1 Rock Crab Sunday off Bodega Bay and heading out again on Friday!
    Greg Dunlap
    Santa Rosa, CA
    38.478156 N
    122.754598 W
    157 feet above sea level

[email protected]

Vietnam Security Police Life Member 361
    366th SPS K-9 Association Webmaster
    Da Nang, RVN TET 1968 - TET 1969
    Blackie 129X

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    I would imagine that the inverted loop is, as someone mentioned above, intended to make girth hitches lie flat with better-distributed forces. So: maybe intended for those who intend to girth hitch some rap rings for a garda system?

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images

Thumbs up Webbing is workin' out well...

Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    I'm about to order some webbing from Strapworks. I'm going with a 30' Simple Sling. I'll cut it in half and fuse the ends. I use the SMC rings. Does anyone have any updates from their experiences with either the seatbelt webbing or polyester?
    I got the 1" seatbelt webbing and the 1" polyester a few months ago (and some cinch buckles). I only have about 2 or 3 nights on each but so far, so good. There was a slight amount of initial stretch. The seatbelt webbing held up well for 3 nights when it was rubbing over a board on the swingset (easiest place to hang and it's nice and soft underneath if you were to go to ground unexpectedly... not that I would... just sayin'. ) No apparent abrasion on it.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I have used the seat belt stuff with cinch buckles for nearly every night since April. Being a svelt sorta guy (6'2" 240lbs.) the first time I used it, the cinch buckles slowly slipped and I went very slowly to the ground. There was some abrasion from that process. A quick pass with some flame to melt the damage on the edges and I was good to go again. I now put a slippery half hitch behind the cinch buckles. I love this strapping, and most importantly, I trust it impeccably. I will buy myself a new 30 ft section soon with loops and cut it into two sections.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast