Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    My ideal one would include a snowcone maker and an espresso machine.
    What about the entertainment center and satellite dish??? All joking aside...

Homemede zHammock. Great for pad control.
    SG tarp (although a little heavy).
    Over and under quilt augmented with a pad for colder weather.
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rstms View Post
    What about the entertainment center and satellite dish??? All joking aside...

Homemede zHammock. Great for pad control.
    SG tarp (although a little heavy).
    Over and under quilt augmented with a pad for colder weather.
    yea.... and the entertainment center is imbedded in a wrist watch.... look around , you may find one for $29.95..... 47.25 inches of 14 gage wire will also work as an antenna and it is way lighter.... Hiking is the only time I wear a watch...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY parallelogram/speer
    Tarp
    guidegear camo 12'
    Insulation
    garlington style
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    So, Tripp, did you settle on a set of gear for your friend to borrow? Have they had a chance to enjoy it yet?
    "nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in on your dreams? You don't dream for me no" Third Eye Blind

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Ole Cannibal has a few entrepreneurial ideas buzzing around in his head........
    Yep, that's the same guy who tried to talk me into starting "Hooch's Hammock Hostel along the AT somewhere. OF course, he wanted to be my silent partner.

After much time and saving, I'm well on my way to my ideal hammock setup. What I've got is in blue, what I want is in red.

ENO DoubleNest with Ring Buckle mod, 1" polyester straps, and structural ridgeline
    Speer Winter Tarp (I like to call it the Speer All Season Tarp)
    MSR GroundHog Stakes with Figure 9 mod
    Speer SnugFit underquilt
    Speer Top Blanket III with 1 oz overfill

Now that's hammock bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by nickelanddime View Post
    So, Tripp, did you settle on a set of gear for your friend to borrow? Have they had a chance to enjoy it yet?
    Sort of. He came by the house and we set up my Hennessy Backpacker UL ASYM, my Speer Hammock, and a loaner/demo JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. He got a chance to check them all out, along with underquilts and peapods and such, and he settled on the JRB BMB hammock and then bought it from Jack, along with the large tarp that JRB sells and underquilts. As far as I know, he has not given it a full test, but we are hitting the AT in just over a week.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trippclark View Post
    As far as I know, he has not given it a full test, but we are hitting the AT in just over a week.
    That's quite brave. There are a lot of little quirks to hammocking gear that it's easier to deal with in a test setting. I wish you both the best of luck.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I haven't had a chance to set up my new (slightly use) HH Hyper yet because I'm waiting for the straps I ordered but I'm guessing it alot like the HHUL I have except lighter. Not by any thought of hammocking I was trying to lighten up while ground dwelling. One way was to get a Nunatak AA quilt. Turns out to be a very fuctional piece of gear for hammocking. I don't think I would have ever made it into a sleeping bag after crawling into a HH, let alone ever make it out in the middle of the night when nature called . Combine the quilt with the JRB nest underquilt and I'm pretty toasty. For the tarp I like the OES MacCat Deluxe.

Hennessy Hyperlite
    Custom Feathered Friends Winter Wren, overstuffed 2oz, Event outer fabric, ordered with 50 inch zipper so it can be used as a quilt or worn.
    Warbonnet Underquilt.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Golite Cave 2 tarp
    Insulation
    Exped downmat 7
    After years of using various hammocks, Byer-of-Maine Moskito with Golite Cave 1 tarp, ENO with Golite Cave 1 tarp, Hennessy Backpacker Light Asym with under and over quilt, I have finally found the perfect hammock for me...the Clark North American...it has everything I wanted in a hammock...hand friendly end lines, mullti pockets under the hammock bottom, double door, top entry, Weathershield and decent tarp with impeccable workmanship...it is user friendly, comfortable, easy to deploy and perfect for me...plus, if there are no trees I can use it on the ground easily and still get bug protection...this was difficult with the bottom entry Hennessy...

I use the same pad in the hammock that I use in a tent...Exped downmat 7 long in cooler temps and short in warmer conditions...quilts, bags, they vary with the temperatures...same as when tent camping...

Hammocks are a personal choice...we all have different criteria and hopefully we will all eventually find the ideal hammock...

Hammock
    DIY parallelogram/speer
    Tarp
    guidegear camo 12'
    Insulation
    garlington style
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Sort of. He came by the house and we set up my Hennessy Backpacker UL ASYM, my Speer Hammock, and a loaner/demo JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    I think that's the best and probably coolest thing you could have done, imagine how much time could have been saved had we all had friends who sat us down and said, "Here's a small cross section of every thing, look around, see what you like." ( I guess you could get the same results from diligent research but I tend to give in to instant gratification)
    "nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in on your dreams? You don't dream for me no" Third Eye Blind

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast