All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    great video. I watched it alot before trying my first UQ yesterday. and the juggling and Sling blade are aweasome. I had a teacher that used to quote it all the time. I finaly got around to watching it and now I walk around and talk like him sometimes. its addictive

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    The 7 Ball Flash made my chin drop to the desk...DANG Shug, that was freakin amazing! But then I can't even just watch you balance and juggle without dropping something myself.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks, Shug, for another good demonstration and explanation of the the mystical UNDERQUILT!!

Great job as usual!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WBBB double 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    PLUQ, soon HG...
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Shug, great video! Did you use any particular tutorial/design/pattern for your Frankenquilt, or was that completely a Shug design?

Also, out of curiosity, what's that thermometer you use in your videos?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    That's awesome, my brain just can't compute juggling...when you did the 7 ball toss and tracked and caught them, well, in my books you might as well have pulled an elephant out of your hat!
    Good stuff!
    That one is gonna take some time to get consistent. I like hats and elephants but not in my hat!

Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    great video. I watched it alot before trying my first UQ yesterday. and the juggling and Sling blade are aweasome. I had a teacher that used to quote it all the time. I finaly got around to watching it and now I walk around and talk like him sometimes. its addictive
    Karl gets on ya'! I would have liked your teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    The 7 Ball Flash made my chin drop to the desk...DANG Shug, that was freakin amazing! But then I can't even just watch you balance and juggle without dropping something myself.
    It is truly hard....every throw has to be right....and catching is something I have to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Thanks, Shug, for another good demonstration and explanation of the the mystical UNDERQUILT!!
    Great job as usual!
    It seems difficult when breaking it down ...but I find UQs pretty easy. Some seem to struggle. Hmmmm. Thanks beep.

Quote Originally Posted by Medecine Hat View Post
    Shug, great video! Did you use any particular tutorial/design/pattern for your Frankenquilt, or was that completely a Shug design?

Also, out of curiosity, what's that thermometer you use in your videos?
    I looked at UQs and kinda used a TQ tutorial for the baffles and such. I put stuff in my hammock to simulate me in it and pinned the inner layer and went from there. I call it Frankenquilt as I cobbled the outer layer together from nylon pieces 'cause I did not have a piece big enough.
    The thermometer is on I picked up at Home Depot or Menards.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY Tahiti Beach Blanket
    Tarp
    DIY 4-S "Man Cave"
    Insulation
    DIY IX TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slang
    Images
    Many thanks for the suspension info for the UQ. The 4 point suspension (versus a 2 point) solution has solved the problem I experienced on the foot end withe my first DIY synthetic UQ.

I am curious, though, because I am currently working on an experimental UQ that incorporates a reflective Mylar sheet on top of 2 layers of differentially cut IX insulation. My original intention was to create a small, but sealed, air space between the bottom of the hammock and the first (Mylar) layer of the UQ. Should I cut the fabric so that the Mylar fits up against the bottom of the hammock? Or should I ditch the Mylar all together?

PS: I think I like your impression of Doyle better - only because I have a weak spot for despicable characters (which in my opinion was best personified by Dwight Yoakam - an accadamy award performance)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jspate61 View Post
    Many thanks for the suspension info for the UQ. The 4 point suspension (versus a 2 point) solution has solved the problem I experienced on the foot end withe my first DIY synthetic UQ.

I am curious, though, because I am currently working on an experimental UQ that incorporates a reflective Mylar sheet on top of 2 layers of differentially cut IX insulation. My original intention was to create a small, but sealed, air space between the bottom of the hammock and the first (Mylar) layer of the UQ. Should I cut the fabric so that the Mylar fits up against the bottom of the hammock? Or should I ditch the Mylar all together?

PS: I think I like your impression of Doyle better - only because I have a weak spot for despicable characters (which in my opinion was best personified by Dwight Yoakam - an accadamy award performance)
    I know nothing about the IX UQs....so no help on the mylar query. Good luck on that.....just try and see I reckon.
    I loved being Doyle as it is fun to be evil and pissy!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cooke Custom Sew
    Thanks for the video. I was just wondering how an underquilt works, now I know. Much better than trying to figure it out from pictures.
    John
    "Diver Down"

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverDn View Post
    Thanks for the video. I was just wondering how an underquilt works, now I know. Much better than trying to figure it out from pictures.
    John
    Whoooo Buddy....I was hoping this would help new folks get an idea. I had been seeing a lot of questions about them of late....

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Great videos, as always. I am the type of person that needs to know "why" and Shug's videos always provide the answer. Thanks. I think every cottage industry hammock company needs to provide Shug with a percentage of every sale. I bet it is hard to calculate how many hammock addicts were born from watching his video series. On another note, I recommend watching some of his non-hammock videos. Good bluegrass music will soothe your soul.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast