All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I emailed yesterday and I just called today. Im sure they will reach me tomorrow. its the same material for the hex's too. im sure its a typo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    this is the first time they didnt reply to me. i asked how the monsoon tarp could weigh 14 oz when the hex weighs 23oz but the monsoon is a hex
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    When did you ask the question? I thought those weights looked a little odd, glad you're looking in to it!
    I emailed yesterday and I just called today. Im sure they will reach me tomorrow. its the same material for the hex's too. im sure its a typo
    They have had typos before, specifically on tarp dimensions. As with the PU Hex vs the Sil-nylon listed as the same dimension, but the Sil-nylon was actually a foot longer. I don't know if they ever got that corrected though they acknowledged it to me.

I just e-mailed them earlier today about if the 20F claim for the bubble pad could be a typo. Have not heard from them yet.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    this is the first time they didnt reply to me. i asked how the monsoon tarp could weigh 14 oz when the hex weighs 23oz but the monsoon is a hex
    They don't have the dimensions posted on the Monsoon, but I bet its dimensions are closer to the Typhoon. Significantly smaller than the hex.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    They don't have the dimensions posted on the Monsoon, but I bet its dimensions are closer to the Typhoon. Significantly smaller than the hex.
    could be. it does look a bit shorted on the sides. I have no clue though. I just was curious because at 14 oz for full coverage thats pretty nice

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    got the reply today: Hi Wes,

We just got our new website up so we're still finding a few bits of missing info and a few glitches. We will try and get the dimension of the Monsoon up up today. What you are not seeing is the difference between the fly in dimensions. The 70D Hex Fly is 144''x 115''. The Monsoon is closer to 110''x 70''. I'll have the exact numbers quite soon.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

James

great feedback and that should answer most of out questions on it

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The 70D Hex Fly is 144''x 115''. The Monsoon is closer to 110''x 70''

Told ya so.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images

Told ya so.
    haha but guess what?!!! the new dimensions for the monsoon on the web site are different then the ones I was emailed also haha

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    The plot thickens.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    haha I considered calling to see if I would get different ones again
    but all joking aside they did change it. I assume the ones online are the real ones but who knows

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I notice that, per customer feedback about the bubble pad, " if you are using a good quality 20-degree sleeping bag this pad will keep you warm down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 Celsius). Any other insulating materials like a fleece, spare clothing, hat, etc. can be placed under the pad for increased insulation."

That is an impressive claim. Although I think at least one HF user- Sgt.Rock- would knock 20 or 30* off of that rating.

Still, it seems to me that, if correct for the average person, then the ~14 oz bubble pad is warmer than the basic HHSS with space blanket. Which, for me, has been good into the low 30s- warmer for some other folks while yet others can not approach 30 or even 40) And also warmer than Tom had rated the SS for himself in a previous description, though I can not find that page yet at the new web site.

Any thoughts?
    I slept in my SS at 45 with no issues. the weather wont get much colder than that this time of the year in SC and I didnt use the space blanket.but id be interested in trying the bubble pad. and Ive been thinking about buying a overcover for my SS system
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I've exchanged emails with James at HH, asking if the radiant reflectix pad could be used in place of the space blanket WITH the HHSS, but I'm not sure that it's something that they've considered or tested.

I've been considering purchasing one of those pads for use inside the HHSS rather than directly inside the hammock...if anyone decides to try this out, I'd love to see a review.

The stove gear and new tarps they've got look interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    They have had typos before, specifically on tarp dimensions. As with the PU Hex vs the Sil-nylon listed as the same dimension, but the Sil-nylon was actually a foot longer. I don't know if they ever got that corrected though they acknowledged it to me.

I just e-mailed them earlier today about if the 20F claim for the bubble pad could be a typo. Have not heard from them yet.

In regard to the questions I raised about the Bubble Pad, and the above comments on that subject, I got this response from James:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We agree that suggesting that the Bubble Pad has a lower temperature rating than the four season insulation system is misleading. The temperature of 20 degrees is probably the low end of the bubble pads insulating ability and for many people 30 or 40 degrees is more reasonable. The Supershelter is intended to be for colder/sub freezing temperatures. The original number of 20 degrees came from feedback from users using the car windshield pad you would find at Walmart. Based on a recent report from Sgt. Rock we agree that a rating of 40 degrees would be more appropriate. We have decide to remove the references to using the bubble pad down to 20 degrees. We have decided to put a temperature rating of 40 degrees F on our new double bubble pad.

We really appreciate your help and feedback. We have just launched our new website and there are still some parts that need to be updated.

Many thanks,

James

Hennessy Hammock

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast