Hola folks, Rob here from Kentucky. Been a volunteer with Scouts for 11 years now, and have been noticing more pains with ground camping than before, so some folks in the troop introdyuced me to their Hennesy Hammocks.

Always been very thrifty, and DIY/MYOG are my passions, always think home-made can be tuned to individual tastes, and no body to blame but yourself if you do screw up. That being said, beginning to make my first Bear Burrito.

Bought 4 yards of black 1.9oz ripstop at Hancocks for 3.49/yard, and just got an E-Bay for 120 feet of Amsteel 7/64. Also 2 15' 1500 pound ratchet straps. Planning on (according to what Ive read) whipping the hammock with center and edges short (Jeffs Camping instruction), then Amsteel hammock attachment to lock biners. 100" structural ridgeline (or so, tuned to what I think works after trials), attached to biners (should be using larkshead or bowline?). Biners then attached to tree with poly straps with HH 4 wrap to secure. I also have 8'x8' bug net that I will attach to ridgeline, and potentially Tyvek Cat tarp 12' long.

Still haven't seam roll sewed edges yet, want to make sure I have the best start before I go nuts, how does this all sound for a trial?

This is a great site, can't wait to here from yall on how this setup looks. Once completed, I will post photos.