I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I find my BB very roomy and wide! When I got it that was what amazed me.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    2new:
    As a fellow non-svelt hanger, I feel your pain. I did not know what hammock would fit me at first when I started on this crazy road called hammock camping over two years ago. After countless nights of cruising the forum and trying to find a hammock that you fit I came across the Clark Jungle Hammocks, specifically the NX-200. After doing some calling and talking with the nice folks at CJH, I managed to get a NX-200 hammock bed for a trial run to see how I like it. All I can say is wow!!!!! It fit perfect, no shoulder sqeeze that I had read about and was concerned with. So I bought one, what a road it has been since.........................I now own the CJH NX-200, a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro (daughter has it now), 2 ENO DN's (GF has one, I have the other for summer/lounging) and a WBBB DL 1.7. With the temps and weather conditions that you are looking at hanging in, I can highly recommend the WBBB w/BBO (Bear Burrito Over from Arrowhead Equipment) or a CJH NX- 200 or NX-250 with the UQ/TQ and 4 season tarp of your choice.

With being in Japan I doubt very seriously that you will make a group hang anytime soon, so trying out a hammock that way is realy questionable. There are some members who might be willing to let you try a hammock out if you were to pay shipping both ways, its always an option. Or you can do loads of reading and make an informed purchase and give it a try. If you try the WBBB, highly recommended, and do not like it (which I doubt).......you can usually sell it on the forum for almost the original price.

Good luck in the search and welcome to HF from Bama.............
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB1.1
    Tarp
    Suprfly/MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    3-Season TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I have an HH Safari Deluxe and a WBBB. Both are great hammocks. I have to say though that I really do like the WBBB better. It just feels better to me. Can;t really put my finger on it.

HH sets up faster. I think that the WBBB sets up... better. Not easier, just better - more stable.

Let me correct that... If you aren't slinging a tarp, they probably go up with equal speed. But if you sling a tarp, it just takes a little more doing and thought with the WBBB.

Have fun!

Oh... And I'm 6ft, 187 lbs.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    All the info so far does list some A-1 opportunities for a Hammock choice.
    The Clark NX 250 with the spreader bars is a real good choice if you have the extra cash. I have the N.A. model of the Clark and love it. But I will be upgrading to the NX 250 as soon as I donate enough plasma to buy it LOL !!!
    The NA model of the Clark Hammock works best if you are a flat sleeper as I am. I have been told that the NX 250 works well for flat and side sleepers and really has a roomy feel with the spreader bars. I do occasionally like to side sleep, and so I plan on upgrading to the NX 250.
    Almost any underquilt will work for a clark if you are seeing temperatures under 45 degrees. I have never needed an underquilt at 50 or above. It all depends if you are a cold sleeper or not. The pockets under the Clark work well for insulating and for storage. The clark NX 250 pockets combined with a good overquilt and a synthetic under quilt such as the 3/4 KAQ will get you down to about 30 degrees F with little issue. Zip up that weathershield, and you would be surprised how warm a clark is even below freezing!!
    You can review my experiance with a Clark under the testimonial section of Clarks web site--"ONE TOUGH HAMMOCK dated Aug, 7, 2010"

If money is tight and you want a real good hammock the WBB is a favorite with many of the guys n gals!! With what you'll pay for a clark, you can be set up pretty sweet with a WBB with underquilt and a good tarp.
    Hope this helps!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I weigh 275-290 lbs and am 6ft2 and find my Blackbird very roomy. In fact is is set up in the back yard waiting for me to come spend the night. Suppose to rain tonight so I am hoping I will get a chance to see how well my BMJ tarp works ( I know it works, just have to find out if I have it set up properly for the rain).

I own several other hammocks my my BB is my go to hammock for camping out in becuse of the the bug net, the storage shelf and I find it wvery comfortable. I sleep on my stomach in my bed but on my back and both sides. My only complaint is having to get up in the AM to answers natures call.

The good thing about a BB is that if you get it and decide you do not want it you can resell it for almost what you paid for.

There are other hanger over there you might be able to get up with and check out their set ups.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB1.1
    Tarp
    Suprfly/MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    3-Season TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I must say... Those Clarks look pretty darned nice! I just might have to try one one of these days!

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    I am not even sure I am lower middle class . . .

. . . so money is always an issue . . .

That said . . . Check left to see what I own for hammocks . . .

Clark - all the way . . . mind you I am a back only sleeper . . .

If you are concerned with the tarp size when you purchase the NX250
    just upgrade to the Vertex tarp.

Note: sideways rain dosen't happen often . . . here anyways . . .
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie / Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey Guys,
    Awesome info! Thanks very much. I think (no offense to all the gang that I didn't go with), I'm going with the WBBB. Like everyone seems to suggest, I don't think I can lose. Thanks again!!

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Ahhh, the difficulty of choosing.

I am a Big Guy, and I have a HH Explorer Deluxe, a Clark NX-250, and I just received a WBBB 1.7 double yesterday. I like both the HH and the CJH and from what I hear I will also like the WBBB.

I am a side-sleeper, and I am comfortable in the HH and CJH, albeit in slightly different positions. Good sleep in both.

Jim

Hammock
    Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Pinnacle& Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoops
    I had the same dilemma with about the exact same hammocks you are referring to. To make a very long story short I decided upon the WBBB based on lots of reading on this forum. And I am more that happy with my choice, I love this hammock.

When the WBBB is all spread out it seemed to me to be wider than the HH that I had tried. I never got to try a Clark, but after a few nights hanging asym, I would not want it any other way period.

The WBBB dbl 1.7 would be a great fit for you. But I must warn you: be prepared to spend countless hours reading HFs, watching Shug videos, and dreaming about hammocks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast