Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I have 2 Frontline and 1 Travel. I use the Travel when I hike in high altitudes where it is a risk that there ainīt no trees available. The itīs nice with a waterproof hammock. The Frontline is for use in forest because itīs breathable and no risk for condensation.

I have noticed that DD hammocks are great for backsleepers but not as great for sidesleepers. Because itīs pretty narrow it is difficult to avoid shoulder squeeze when laying on the side. DD Hammocks are supposed to hung pretty tight and that means problems when you lay on your side. Iīve tried setting it up very loose but I havenīt got it really perfect. It works but Iīm not very satisfied.

Instead Iīve bought a Warbonnet Blackbird and that one works better when Iīm laying on the side.

So:
    If you mostly lay on your back while sleeping DD Hammocks will work fine for you.
    If you mostly lay on your side something else, like the WBBB or similar would probably work better.

But thatīs only my opinion, I could be totally wrong
    I 150% agree with this comment and I think it explains the hammock well

Hammock
    WBBB
    I have a DD Frontline and very happy with it. I also keep the frontline in their hammock sleeve and it works well. They are great to deal with, when I placed my order on their website it only took 2 days from the UK to US and shipping was free.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope

Changed opinion

So I have based my opinion on the 2011 model of the DD Travel hammock and have heard that there is a newer version that came out in 2012 that is supposed to be much better with multiple improvments. So I withdraw my previous comment because it is based on an outdated model. So if you are looking for one before 2012 it is not the best but I hear past 2012 models are great.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I still have a 2008 model DD Traveler in the closet. It was one of my first hammocks and the most comfortable I had tried at the time. However, I was never really too fond of the bug net design as I had to fabricate some wooden spreaders, or find sticks on the trail, to make it work properly and I was too lazy to modify it to add a ridgeline.

After sleeping in the DD for a while, I upgraded to a WBBB but stopped hanging in 2011 due to health problems and sold everything. I have returned and now have a BIAS WW on the way to try out but, if that doesn't end up working for me, I may dig the DD out of the closet and start experimenting with it again.

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Images
    I just got a DD Travel hammock 2012 model and a 3x3 tarp, only put it up today , it felt quite comfy , i cant compare it with anything because its my first hammock but as i use it more often ill keep you informed ie condensation. I cant comment on the tarp because i havent used it yet. The hammock seems quite well made it did have a couple of loose threads but not enough to complain about , i just cut them back, the zips all work fine , the bug net mesh is also fine to see through. The small rods which hold the bug net up work very well they are much better than sticks(as seen on YT vids) and cant move about. I placed my gelert xtreme mat inbetween the bottom layers and it didnt seem to slide about ( its quite narrow). Its supplied with shock cord which needs to be cut to length. Its early days yet but atm im very happy with it, very fast shipping btw...

Hammock
    Clark North American/DD Travel/WBBB
    Tarp
    DD XL Basha
    Insulation
    pad,reflector.
    Suspension
    ropes/tree straps.
    My 2012 Travel hammock and I have spent many, many nights down by the river near my house. 12 nights including 2 thunderstorms and a massive rainfall that flooded the river. I slept like a old world king under my DD XL Basha.I set it 3/4 to one side so I have a large "living area" as well as a superb bed with a great view.I'll post pics when I get home.

Images
    I'm just starting to read up on this hammock, interesting! I did not really see even one negative overall opinion, and I saw zero calf pressure issues.

I did see a couple of "not great for side sleeping" comments, but maybe not applicable to the newest models?

It looks much like a Claytor. My Claytor No Net is one of my very best hammocks for side sleeping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123