Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Images
    Looks like, when I the guidebook arrives, I'll really have to plan this out. I want to maximize the vista's and trail, but don't want to break any regulations on camping or what not.

The folks at the outfitter said I did not need a permit unless I stayed at a campsite more than one day. Not planning on doing that, just need a better understanding of "campsite." I'm used to just stopping along the AT where ever I feel, with note to few restrictions near towns and all. The guidebook will inform me of all this, I'm sure.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    On the West Rim Trail you will not need permits for camping and you can camp anywhere you want. _In the Gorge_ is a different issue. There you _will_ need permits. But the only time that would be an issue is on Bolen Run or along the Pine Creek Trail south of Blackwell. Over night at Rattle snake Rock is not really an issue because there are a number of campsites just north of the Southern terminus on the trail. There no permits would be needed.

The Gorge gets such high usage that special camping regulations apply. But the WRT is not _in the gorge_ but just outside it.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    If you think you could stand another , I may like to join the adventure as well. I'm really needing to get away for a while and I've always wanted to hike there. As we get closer to the date, I'll find out if i can take the time off from work.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post
    If you think you could stand another , I may like to join the adventure as well. I'm really needing to get away for a while and I've always wanted to hike there. As we get closer to the date, I'll find out if i can take the time off from work.
    I think I could stand for that! It looks like an awesome hike with beautiful views!

I think, once I get the guidebook and do some initial planning, I'll post an itinerary of sort to ponder over.

Images

Free Map

Just before I posted on here requesting info, I sent an email to PA DCNR asking for info as well. They responded asking for my mailing address. I sent that, and today received a color topo map of the WRT - totally free! As well as a hand out and map of the Pine Creek Trail. Awesome!

I'm still waiting on the guidebook to make full plans, but studying the topo map and daydreaming about hiking this trail will sure be fun!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    So if your cool with 1 more I can make this trip too and have been wanting to hike this area as well. But just so you know I am an early riser . I wont be able to make it to PA Grand Canyon till Thursday, 14th in the late afternoon 2-3 pm, so I could meet you guys on the trail some where if you leave on the 13th. And we could arrange for us to shuttle each other back to our cars or the like of. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss details if this is something you would like to work out.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Looks like it is coming together for me as well.
    I have my Vacation request in, and it looks like I'm good to go for the 13th-17th. I'm just S.E. of Clearfield, Pa., so I only have about an hour and a half drive to the Tioga State forest.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    ooh me! me! can i go? huh can i can i? also if it's a dudes-only trip i TOTALLY respect that. (i am a dude-ett)
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Wow, this is turning into a "PA Hike and Hang" event. (you can use that if you want )

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyd View Post
    ooh me! me! can i go? huh can i can i? also if it's a dudes-only trip i TOTALLY respect that. (i am a dude-ett)
    dude/dudette - all are welcome. Only requirement is to have a hammock and be ready to have an awesome hike!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast