Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hammock goes against everything?

I am starting to wonder if the hammock goes against everything we are surrounded by. The world is flying by at a crazy pace. I can't keep up with it. Finding time to hang is so so hard. It seems the hammock really represents so many things that we are heading in the opposite direction of. I just wish more people could just slow down, relax and take it easy. Kinda like "man in a hurry". Andy Griffith. Oh well, I have decided to use mine for sleeping so that I can actually get some hammock time.

earplug
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I totally agree. For me the hammock represents the ultimate way to relax after a hard day of work, after hiking many miles or just chilling in the backyard. People need to slow down. One day hike I went on, I laid in my hammock and watch the river go by for a couple of hours. Doing this helps to make my day to day more tolerable.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Well, there are ways to counter.

Not only do I sleep in a hammock about 360 nights a year, but the chair in front of my desk at home is a hammock chair and the chair I kill brain cells from while watching TV is also a hammock chair. Genuine Draft makes me snuggle with her on the couch sometimes, so my next project is one of those hanging couches that was posted here a year ago, or so.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post

Not only do I sleep in a hammock about 360 nights a year, but the chair in front of my desk at home is a hammock chair and the chair I kill brain cells from while watching TV is also a hammock chair. Genuine Draft makes me snuggle with her on the couch sometimes, so my next project is one of those hanging couches that was posted here a year ago, or so.
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I hate it when my beer starts to tell me what to do, like "snuggle up with me over here, OK?"

I know GD is what his GF / Spouse is called on here and on the trail, but it does read kind of like maybe his beer is starting to control his life. LOL

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    ...it does read kind of like maybe his beer is starting to control his life. LOL
    You got a problem with that?
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    I hate it when my beer starts to tell me what to do, like "snuggle up with me over here, OK?"

I know GD is what his GF / Spouse is called on here and on the trail, but it does read kind of like maybe his beer is starting to control his life. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    You got a problem with that?
    Yeah! What he said.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post

just finished redecorating my bedroom - next is a spare room that has plans for 2 hammock chairs

I dated a girl who couldn't stop. I mean always had to be doing something. It was so hard just to chill out and swing. I am so glad that I'm free of that.
    I love this quote below.

"If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer; but if he spends his whole day as a spectulator , shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is esteemed an industrious and enterprising citizen."
    — Henry David Thoreau
    We will never conquer a mountain. The mountain allows us to visit and with enough time asks us to kindly go back down. And sits in peace with or without our presence.
    my quote.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Perhaps it's the other way around? Maybe it is we who are going against the grain and the hammock is a gentle reminder to get back to the slowness of life.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast