WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    Rule number 1 for giardia: Never trust a fart.
    Giardia? Heck that's a rite of passage for some of us ummm...more seasoned folk.

#1 Old fart (yup, meant to) rule. Never pass up a chance to hit the bathroom before you take off.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/LeighloUQ
    Suspension
    webbing & whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidWa View Post
    Shug,
    Hope you know from experience that you had no side effects. Torodol and Ketorolac are apparently the same thing. The second time I had a kidney stone attack I decided to go and get it checked out. They prescribed some sort of pain drug to have if needed, the name I don't recall. I only recall two things about it. One, I was told it would cause nausea if I took them but the pain would be subdued and two, I was also told I get about 10 bucks/pill on the right street corner in town.

However, the data sheet you linked had this little warning in the text - "Ketorolac may cause kidney failure." Hope that is only a possibility if exceeding the five day limit that was mentioned. But, I will ask a pharmacists friend of mine about Ketorolac/Torodol.
    Thanks
    I had the kidney stone from hell. Actually caused so much damage to my urator (sp?), which is the tube that goes from the kidney to the bladder, that I had to have surgery and had a temporary stint put in to keep it from collapsing and killing the kidney. This thing sucked!!

Anyways, the ER shot me up with tons of morophine, which did nothing for the pain, but made me high as hell. After complaining some more, they gave me a dose of Torodol, and it took all the pain away, and left me completely alert and lucid.

My wife, however, had the exact opposite reaction when she had a kidney stone. Torodol did nothing for her, morophine did the trick. Go figure.

Scary part for me is, I supposedly have 2 more kidney stones still in the kidney. Doc says they may stay there for life, or move at any minute. Just adds more mystery to life, eh?

WWhermit

Senior Member backpackingZombie's Avatar
    Hammock
    DB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS 8'x10'
    Insulation
    Arroyo & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies + toggles
    I've yet to be sick on the trail myself, though I've witnessed my chair of events. Hiking Piute Pass one of my hiking companions was mowing down the apricots and we told him to lay off or he'd get the runs. Well he didn't listen and I must say, when the consequences hit him, that I've never seen such desire to get a pack off in my life.

My wife caught Giardia at a music festival a few years ago. She'd probably kill me if she knew I just typed that.

Good times!
    When it seems like the night will last forever
    And there's nothing left to do but count the years
    When the strings of my heart start to sever
    And stones fall from my eyes instead of tears
    I will walk alone by the black muddy river
    And dream me a dream of my own
    -Jerry

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Never had anything more than a cold or allergies on the trail, but certainly glad that I no longer have my appendix. I wouldn't want to deal with accute appendicittis away from immediate access to a hospital.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Images
    I had a complete tear of a ligament in my knee whilst out on a day hike. The 3km or so took me maybe 5 hours to hobble out (extremely painful, I had to lock my leg to put weight on it, any pressure or bending and it would buckle under me) and 3 months before I could walk without pain.

I've also had an infection from a splinter I could not remove entirely with my knife. I now carry a needle and tweezers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345