Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrb4kids View Post
    Ok... I'm a noob here.... So i just got my HH Expedition a few weeks ago ... ordered another for my son and decided to buy 2 HH Radiant Pads with that order (Should be here in a few days). Now after reading all of this i'm thinking i should have gotten the HH Under pads for $10 more each. Sounds like a lot of people are just using the Under Pads and no HH Radiant Pads?

So should i return the HH Radiant Pads and get the 2 HH UnderPads instead ?

Some day i want to get the HHSS as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks... yours truly ... the NOOB!
    well hello haha. I believe the underpad is very versatile. I can use it in hot or cold weather. the whole SS is a great system. I think you should keep the bubble pad. you could use that with the underpad if you ever get one. but you might want to just try and buy a SS off of this forum and see if you like it
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Stock HH Tarp
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Thanks Newton... been reading around some and just seems like i should just get the underpad vs the bubble pad... or do like you said and keep the bubble pad and get the underquilt as well.... wife has said i can "get what you need now" for my hammock so i'm trying to take advantage of this window of opportunity with out taking advantage of this opportunity .... if you know what i mean... i like to keep some sanity on the home front!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrb4kids View Post
    Thanks Newton... been reading around some and just seems like i should just get the underpad vs the bubble pad... or do like you said and keep the bubble pad and get the underquilt as well.... wife has said i can "get what you need now" for my hammock so i'm trying to take advantage of this window of opportunity with out taking advantage of this opportunity .... if you know what i mean... i like to keep some sanity on the home front!
    oh i completely understand man hmmm Id say since it is summer you have a little bit of time before you will really need a system. it would be aweasome if you could go to some hangs around where you live and get to try different types like an underquilt or a SS . that way you could really decide what you like
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    I always thought the underpad took up too much room in my pack, but I got a JRB compression sack and it cranks down to a nice packable size. Hope it won't shorten the life too much.
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
    I always thought the underpad took up too much room in my pack, but I got a JRB compression sack and it cranks down to a nice packable size. Hope it won't shorten the life too much.
    good to see another guy from SC but yea I was about to say hmm. it might shorten the life a bit. but i dont know you could be careful and have found a nice way to pack it as long as you dont keep it compressed like that for awhile

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234