Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    thank CB i think i have an idea on how to fix it now....
    now i got to see if it will work LOL
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images

revisited

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    yes i know it was not wrapped right i stated this...what i'm asking is any ideas on how to fix the other end that is ripped all the way

Kallorne thats what i was thinking too... i won't know till the guy sends it to me to fix it ... but i wanna get some ideas on how to go about it befor i tell him to send it to me ...
    but thats what i was thinking..sew up the rip and fold it over and sew it all together... then put the WS back on and wrap it a few times around the hammock so it doesn't go anywhere

I think you will find it is too thick to sew and shortening is a bad idea. YMMV as they say.

That is why I said you might want to whip the end like a rope. The original was accordian folded and then hot punched before the rope was put on. If you cut it you will shorten it. May or may not be a problem with the bug net. If you refold it with the hole as the guide you can use a small rope through the hole then wrapped around several times and tied tight as an a stopper then put a larks head below the stopper. As I recall this would be similar to a Speer but with the stopper rope instead of a knot.

What I really wonder is how much strain would be on the stopper. When we were playing with some Speer type hammocks it seemed the larks head clamped pretty well by itself. The knot kept the cloth aligned and placed the larks head before weight was put on to tighten it. I'm thinking 1/8 in utility line would do the same thing. It will be interesting to hear what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    thank CB i think i have an idea on how to fix it now....
    now i got to see if it will work LOL
    Anytime bud! Hope it turns out how you have envisioned!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    I think you will find it is too thick to sew and shortening is a bad idea. YMMV as they say.

That is why I said you might want to whip the end like a rope. The original was accordian folded and then hot punched before the rope was put on. If you cut it you will shorten it. May or may not be a problem with the bug net. If you refold it with the hole as the guide you can use a small rope through the hole then wrapped around several times and tied tight as an a stopper then put a larks head below the stopper. As I recall this would be similar to a Speer but with the stopper rope instead of a knot.

What I really wonder is how much strain would be on the stopper. When we were playing with some Speer type hammocks it seemed the larks head clamped pretty well by itself. The knot kept the cloth aligned and placed the larks head before weight was put on to tighten it. I'm thinking 1/8 in utility line would do the same thing. It will be interesting to hear what you do.
    yeah i see what you mean now
    i think it's going to come down to seeing how bad it is... and what i have left to play with i'm going to PM the guy tonight and offer to fix it for him... i dunno if i can but i wanna try
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12