HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web

Super Shelter question

I have looked and even emailed HH but have not found an answer to this question.
    will the SS fit the safari deluxe ? I realize it may not make it to the ends of the hammock but it should still preform right?

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weird1 View Post
    I have looked and even emailed HH but have not found an answer to this question.
    will the SS fit the safari deluxe ? I realize it may not make it to the ends of the hammock but it should still preform right?
    normally hennessy gets great customer service. I would say the pad would work but I dont know if the SS works as a system with it. 108 by 56 is the dimensions of the explorer deluxe and 112 by 52 is the safari deluxe. I just dont know what to tell you. Id say try calling them tomorrow. I think the main issue would be the length or the asym tie outs lining up. but i dont know

Images
    The SS comes in 2 sizes:

#1 is for EXPEDITION, BACKPACKER, HYPERLITE and EVADER.

#2 is for EXPLORER ULTRALITE, EXPLORER DELUXE and SURVIVOR.

The Safari comes with the radiant bubble pad for insulation. I don't believe the SS will fit it though.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The super shelter is not recommended for the Safari. While you could probably get it to go on I don't think it would fit properly. Fit is essential for the Super Shelter to work most effectively.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    The super shelter is not recommended for the Safari. While you could probably get it to go on I don't think it would fit properly. Fit is essential for the Super Shelter to work most effectively.
    You might tear some part of the SS using it on the Safari. Especially if you put the hammock side tie outs through both left and right openings/loops on the UC/pad. As the safari is quite a bit bigger than the other HH hammocks, both longer and wider, with it tied out to the sides there may be too much strain. Same thing on the ends. I can't say for sure though.

Now the pad would probably be OK under neath by itself, especially if you did not have both hammock side guy out lines through both pad loops. But I can't say how well the pad would be positioned without the UC, and of course the UC is a significant part of the overall system. I have a SS and a Safari but I have never attempted to test them together due to worries about the above.

I have used a torso length WB and a JRB MW ( but not using both side loops) on the Safari both worked great. I do rig some cord to to make up for the extra length of the safari. BTW, it is worth working out a solution, as I personally find the Safari to be the most comfortable non-bridge hammock I have tried(mine is a No Net model). Though it is def NOT the lightest single layer hammock, even not counting the large 23 oz PU Hex tarp that comes with it.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
    The SS comes in 2 sizes:

#1 is for EXPEDITION, BACKPACKER, HYPERLITE and EVADER.

#2 is for EXPLORER ULTRALITE, EXPLORER DELUXE and SURVIVOR.

The Safari comes with the radiant bubble pad for insulation. I don't believe the SS will fit it though.
    i think your thinkin of the deep jungle coming with the bubble pad

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH hex (heavy)
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    HH descender rings
    Images

email response

I am confused by you saying that Hennessy did not reply to your email. I have found them to be very responsive, and much more quickly than I would have expected. Are you sure you are using a correct email address?

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Thanks for the replies. I got an email from HH today (I guess I was a little impatient) and they said it would not work. I will look into the suggestions, and am open to more as well. BillyBob58 your review of the safari helped me make my decision and the super shelter not working is not a big deal to me if it was I would have bought a hammock that was listed on the SS page, I was just hoping I would get a sure it works fine. I was thinking of a down UQ for the winter hangs in Oregon, but I am in TX now and doubt I will need much more than my fleece TQ camping on the rivers here.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    PDA I guess I did not word the original post well, I spent a considerable amount of time researching what brand of hammock to buy and after all of the emails, and phone calls to HH and posts about their customer service made my decision for me. I was not trying to say there CS was lacking.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    nah we understood ya. we know you appreciated the HH service. Im just glad to see another one to join the HH clan. It seems all I hear now adays is WB this and WB that. that doesnt mean that im not gonna buy a WB for my birthday or anything but im glad to see hennessy going strong

• + New Posts