Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images

Backwoods Daydreamer Announcement

Hey Gang. I know it's been a while since you've heard anything new coming from Backwoods Daydreamer Gear. I'd like to explain a bit about what's been going on and how the future looks, along with keying you in on a significant change.

First.... Hello, my name is Scott Littlefield, and I'm a diy-gear'aholic. It's been two weeks since my last thread injection, but truth be told, that's only because it's when I broke my backup thread injector. As soon as my primary machine is repaired, I'll be back at it with full abandon.

It was my enjoyment of building and innovating backpacking gear that eventually led to the creation of Backwoods Daydreamer Gear. I live in rural Maine and prefer to hike in the backwoods where there are no trails or campsites - and when I'm out there (or anywhere, really) I like to daydream... the name just made sense.

Backwoods Daydreamer Gear began in mid 2009 with silnylon tarps. We sold 6 different styles, and it didn't take long for demand to overtake my ability to keep up. Your support was, in truth, overwhelming! Thank you.

It's no secret that tarps have been out of production for a full year now. I have to work full time outside of BWDD, and have a wife and little girl. Of the three (family, work, BWDD gear production), something had to go and it was an obvious choice. I worked with a few stitchers locally to attempt to hire out production - unfortunately the quality never met my requirements.

Since then we've opened up the store to sell materials for DIY enthusiasts like myself. That's been very rewarding - not so much financially, but because it's what I really like to do.

Production is not my passion. Innovation, design, prototyping - now that excites me. So, while Backwoods Daydreamer Gear tarps (and a few other slightly more secretive products) are taking a step to the rear, DIY is moving ahead as the frontrunner in this business.

And so, without further ado, please welcome www.diygearsupply.com.

DIYGS WebsiteImage1.jpg

This will be the DIY arm of Backwoods Daydreamer. (Mind you, it is a work in progress, there are tweaks in the works even now for the site.) Backwoods Daydreamer Gear will continue in the background for now, and will be the finished gear side of what I do. DIY Gear Supply will be focused solely on DIY. I believe that DIY Gear Supply as a name makes more sense for this focus. Very soon backwoodsdaydreamer.com will bump over to the new site automatically.

DIY Gear Supply is intended to encourage both the budding DIY'er as well as the "master maker" of all things outdoor gear - hammocks, tarps, packs, quilts, etc. I do hope to expand beyond hammocks and hammock accessories, but those items will still be the core of what we do.

You will notice a few price changes, some have gone up a bit, some down a bit. For most customers, shipping will be lower, and it now better reflects USPS zone pricing. You will also now find quite a few new products that you haven't seen at Backwoods Daydreamer yet. And there's more coming, including 850fp goose down.

When all is up and running, there will be four key areas to help you at www.diygearsupply.com.
    First is obvious, a materials resource store with excellent pricing. The goal is to carry everything you would need to build any of the projects we have instructions for.
    Second, we will offer DIY Guides with great projects and instructions - for free.
    Third, a links resource to other DIY helps.
    Fourthly, you can go ahead and pick my brain directly through the contact page. I'll be glad to share any DIY tips and tricks you need, and if I don't know them, hopefully I can at least point you in the right direction.

__________________________________________________ _____

For those interested in Backwoods Daydreamer Gear products:

Yes, tarps (and the other secret products) are still out of production. But... I am not ruling them out - in fact, I have been shown a few possible resources from kind customers to get production up and running full steam (Made in America resources). When things settle with DIY Gear Supply and I can set a little money aside rather than pumping it all back into expanding the materials selection I will pursue some of these possible avenues.

That said, I have no realistic time frame for this. Please don't wait on buying a tarp from Backwoods Daydreamer Gear. There are some excellent cottage gear makers represented here at Hammock Forums and I highly encourage you to utilize them. I will have links to many of them on my website.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Woo Hoo! Glad to see it. I have already linked to you from my site and while I don't have a huge following, I hope I am driving some traffic your way. Your prices and customer service have always been TOP NOTCH!!!!

by the way... if you need someone to field test the
    Backwoods Daydreamer Gear tarps (and a few other slightly more secretive products)
    you just pm me I will will gladly be your go to person for that.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Awesome! and nicely done at that.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY "WARBIRD"
    Tarp
    OES STD,WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Golite TQ/leigh UQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    Scott, it's good to see that you are doing well and love to see that your going to continue your diy supplies, Good luck with your new site

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    This is excellent news Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    Your prices and customer service have always been TOP NOTCH!!!!
    +1 Can't speak highly enough to this point.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    GG 12x12
    Insulation
    CC pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and toggle
    looks like a great site and the prices seem to be good also. I will be watching for the DIY guides section to come online. Best of luck to you in your newest venture.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Great news. Thanks for all do for us!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I am excited about your new direction. Expect many orders from my neck of the woods!

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Good to hear Scott! Best of luck with the new direction, and thanks for the great customer service when I emailed you a while back with some questions on what I would need for a DIY hammock.

Cheers

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    This is awesome.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast