All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    UPDATE: this bird has it in for me. last night he let me set up all my gear and laydown for about 10 minutes before him and another bird went at it for 20 minutes till I went insane and finaly went inside. Bird: 2, Wes: 0
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10
    Insulation
    PLUQ perhaps
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Huggers
    Images
    Another alternative on the owl theme. From stores that sell (turkey) hunting stuff, you can get owl calls. They are pretty easy to use and should scare the poo out of your buddy. As a bonus, you *might* call in real owls with one. As an added bonus, you may be able to pick one up cheap now that spring turkey season is over in many places.

I was screwing with one a couple of years ago while camping and called in a barred owl to the site next to ours. I'd hoot at him and he'd hoot at me. Soon, another joined in another tree probably 20 yards away, then another. I'd hoot and they would answer - I'd giggle and my wife would sigh. Eventually I stopped it but the owls went on for quite some time - not sure if they were in love with me or if they hated my guts.

The next day, the others in the camp ground were trying to figure out what the flying heck was going on over in our area. Good times... good times.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GingivitisKahn View Post
    Another alternative on the owl theme. From stores that sell (turkey) hunting stuff, you can get owl calls. They are pretty easy to use and should scare the poo out of your buddy. As a bonus, you *might* call in real owls with one. As an added bonus, you may be able to pick one up cheap now that spring turkey season is over in many places.

I was screwing with one a couple of years ago while camping and called in a barred owl to the site next to ours. I'd hoot at him and he'd hoot at me. Soon, another joined in another tree probably 20 yards away, then another. I'd hoot and they would answer - I'd giggle and my wife would sigh. Eventually I stopped it but the owls went on for quite some time - not sure if they were in love with me or if they hated my guts.

The next day, the others in the camp ground were trying to figure out what the flying heck was going on over in our area. Good times... good times.
    haha ill look into it. ive gotta do something. they are killing my home hanging time
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    A mocking birds facial recognition skills are second only to crows. Try wearing a mask, seriously. That bird may just not like you. If so, the mask will shut them up. The mocking birds around here will get after my Siamese but totally ignore my Manx. ( The Siamese climbed up the tree where the nest is. She just wanted to see the little babies. Honest!)

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    A mocking birds facial recognition skills are second only to crows. Try wearing a mask, seriously. That bird may just not like you. If so, the mask will shut them up. The mocking birds around here will get after my Siamese but totally ignore my Manx. ( The Siamese climbed up the tree where the nest is. She just wanted to see the little babies. Honest!)
    LOL. I can see it now. The neighbors see some strange person in a mask walking around to the back of the house and call the police. The bird would sit there laughing even harder.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Just take the plastic owl idea to the next level and get yourself a well insulated owl costume and sleep in that. You stay warm and the birds stay away, two birds (pun fully intended) with one stone.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    haha I truly believe this forum is gonna last a while. this bird is getting the best of me

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    haha I truly believe this forum is gonna last a while. this bird is getting the best of me
    This is th eproper solution to your problem. Trust me, one of these will get the point across even if you don't eliminate your enemy.

Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    I hate to continue this saga but ive got to do something about this dang bird. he starts at 1am. thats crazy. Ive tried earplugs now. doesnt work. its like hes in my mind ahhhh!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast