Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Here We Go Again

Here we go again, folks. I know I need another tarp like I need a hole in my head, but I couldn't resist. I had a great couple days hiking the IMT in VA with Doc and a great couple days at Trail Days, but am completely bummed I didn't get my time off approved to go to the Big Ditch. So, how to feel better? Well, order new gear, of course!

After a quick comm with Brian, I pulled the trigger on a black MacCat Deluxe. Now I feel great! It makes not being able to go to the Gorge a little more tolerable. I'll be able to put the new tarp to use in a couple weeks when Dancer and I go for a little 3 day hike.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Tarp
    OES 8x10
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopies and MSH
    Congrats on the "pick me up" tarp! I just order a 8x10 rect last week. My first REAL TARP! I can't wait! My son and I are going to the Gorge this weekend and I was hoping for three days but like you couldn't get more time off so I'll take an overnighter just as well!

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images

Previous tarp?

Hooch, what were your previous tarps and what will this one fo that the others didn't?
    I do have to say that the quality of OES is top notch, having a Maccat Standard myself.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    Hooch, what were your previous tarps. . . .
    I currently own 2 Speer Winter Tarps and a Speer 8x10 Cat Cut tarp. I had a MacCat Deluxe that I bought used from someone on WB, but sold it not terribly long after I got it a couple years ago to a friend who needed a tarp.

. . . .what will this one do that the others didn't?. . . .
    Nothing, really. Just another option to have.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Hooch, what were your previous tarps and what will this one do that the others didn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Nothing, really. Just another option to have.
    Only reason I ever need.

Congrats on the new roof! It's an awfully good roof to boot and I do like me some black tarps.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    . . . .I do like me some black tarps.
    Yep, me too! I'm trying to go stealthier with my hang. Anyone who's seen my current setup knows there's a lot of orange in it (No-Tangle, orange Whoopies, etc). I also ordered dark colored whoopies for my Blackbird and black guyline for the new tarp. I'll be totally ninja.

Hammock
    BIAS 11 footer
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    pitbull Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Glad you got the new tarp, but will miss ya in the Gorge this week. Where you going for your three day hike?
    Ken T.

“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir
    Watches synchronized, sharp mind and empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name. - Agent Simmons
    "With your eyes closed you can't tell the difference between Tyvek and Cuben." - Knotty

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    Yep, me too! I'm trying to go stealthier with my hang. Anyone who's seen my current setup knows there's a lot of orange in it (No-Tangle...
    I bought some no-tangle off of Brian this weekend and love everything about it except the un-stealthy color. I'm going to try to dunk it in some black RIT dye and see what happens.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by muttly View Post
    Where you going for your three day hike?
    Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of Franklin or the Roan Highlands. Still trying to plan it out.

Y'all have fun at the Gorge, say hi to the rest of the Rats and eat a piece of pie at Louise's for me!

Hammock
    BIAS 11 footer
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    pitbull Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Y'all have fun at the Gorge, say hi to the rest of the Rats and eat a piece of pie at Louise's for me!
    Will do. Since I am still rehabilitating, I will be up at Lost Dog sitting around throwing rocks. The family will join me Sat. night. Too bad you couldn't make it, I was hoping to make introductions!

Definitely see ya soon.
    Ken T.

“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir
    Watches synchronized, sharp mind and empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name. - Agent Simmons
    "With your eyes closed you can't tell the difference between Tyvek and Cuben." - Knotty

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast